Are you looking forward to starting your career as a social media Influencer? Do you want to create content for social media platforms? Are waiting to know what are the best social media platforms for content creators in 2023? Then sit back and keep reading this article as you are not alone! In fact, so many people want to learn about becoming a Social Media Influencer because of its perks.
Content creation is a great area of interest among people. Especially in the past 10 to 15 years, a huge number of people have chosen social media platforms to start their careers. Creating content for social media platforms has now become a billion-dollar industry. Isn’t it amazing? That means that content creators can earn millions of dollars by using these platforms wisely. However, the real question is: How?
As without proper knowledge, it is impossible for a content creator to earn such a huge amount. Although it is a hard job, the good news is it is not that difficult. In fact, a little guidance and knowledge of what the best social media platforms for content creators are can help you achieve your target. Hence, if you are looking forward to such information, keep reading this article until the end. And you will know all the necessary details related to the best social media platforms for content creators in 2023.
Why Social Media Platforms Are Important For Content Creators?
Well, it is very important to know why Social Media Platforms are Important for Content Creators. As unless you know the importance of social media platforms it is quite impossible for you to create content. Social Media Platforms are very important since they have enabled content creators to showcase their talents all across the globe. As a content creator, you can show your art and skills to the audience without any limitations.
Moreover, they help creators to earn a huge amount of money through various means. And to be honest, all of us want to earn money. And the most amazing thing about them is that some of the Social Media platforms directly offer their users to earn money according to the level of their content, audience, views and likes. Again Isn’t this cool? Besides, these content creators can earn money through some other ways like through paid promotions, selling their content, products or skills, creating blogs, videos etc.
And lastly, through Social Media Platforms content creators can promote their own brands and products. As they have access to billions of users who are using various social media platforms, it becomes easy for them to promote their products through such platforms. In short, Social Media Platforms are very important for content creators for a number of reasons and no one can deny their role in content creators’ lives.
How To Choose The Best Social Media Platform?
Well, in all honesty, there is no such scale that can measure which Social Media Platform is the best among all. Because every other social media platform has its own pros and cons. Some have good payment plans for the creators while others have a huge number of users and it becomes easy for creators to gather a huge number of followers. So, it is advised for you to know what your demands and which platform falls perfectly on your desires.
In case you are still confused then here are some factors that can help you in choosing the best Social Media Platform according to your expectations.
1. Check Their Payment Plans
The very first thing you are supposed to know about Social Media Platforms is to check their payment plans. Some social media platforms follow a pay-per-view policy while others pay according to the number of followers etc. So, it is important to check that the platform you are thinking of joining is either paying according to your expectations or not. Moreover, some of the platforms offer a very handsome amount of money to creators directly, while others enable you to earn only through ads and promotions. So, it is important to check this factor.
2. Check Their Community Guidelines
Different social media platforms come with different Community Guidelines for their content creators. Hence, it is important for you to know their community guidelines before joining their platform as a content creator. This is because if you are unaware of their policies then it may be possible that you violate their community guidelines unintentionally. Which, to be honest, is not very favorable for content creators. Hence, it is important to know their community guidelines so that your content will fall under the safe boundary.
3. Check Their Daily Number Of Users
Now, if you are wondering why it is important to check their daily number of users. Then to clear up your confusion. As you know there is no content creator worthy without its followers. And to gain maximum followers it is important that maximum people should use that platform. As there is a lot of competition in this market. Hence, it is in your best interest to join such a platform that is popular among the audience so that you can gain the maximum number of audience.
4. Check Their Compatibility With Your Type Of Content
The next thing that can also help you to choose the social media platform wisely is to check its compatibility with your content. Not every social media platform supports every type of content. Like if you like to create videos then YouTube and TikTok are the best while if you want to create posts and blogs too then Instagram and Facebook are best in business. Moreover, every platform has a different type of audience too. So, it is good for you to check whether the type of content you want to produce is suitable for that platform or not.
Best Social Media Platforms For Content Creators 2024:
So let’s dig into the most used, liked and popular social media platforms for content creators in 2023 and 2024.
- Mighty Networks
Well, in all honesty, none of us is unfamiliar with YouTube. YouTube is one of the most used social media platforms. It was launched in 2005 in the United States. Since then, this platform has been one of the best-known social media platforms for streaming and downloading videos. In fact, according to a report, YouTube has more than 2 billion users monthly, and people watch about a billion hours of video on a daily basis. Isn’t it astonishing!
However, creating content for YouTube is not that easy as there is a lot of competition on this platform. There are millions of content creators on YouTube. So, it would be best if you were very smart and skillful in creating content for YouTube.
But the good thing about this platform is that it allows users to create many videos related to different genres like music, documentary, gaming, comedy, etc. That means that you can use this platform if your video-creating skills are better than others.
The pros of choosing YouTube as a content-creating platform are:
- It pays almost 18$ for 1000 ad views on videos which even increases with increasing views.
- You are limited to generating any specific type of video because there is no limitation of genre on YouTube.
- YouTube has launched YouTube shorts that allow users to create even short videos.
- Gaining an audience on YouTube is easy as there are billions of users that are using this platform.
- You need to monetize your channel before starting earning. And for monetizing, you are supposed to have 4000 public watch hours in 12 months, along with 1000 subscribers.
- For YouTube shorts, you need to have at least 10 million views along with 1000 subscribers, which also seems a bit difficult in the beginning.
- There is a lot of competition on this platform so making your place among top content creators on YouTube is not that easy.
The second platform in this list is none other than Instagram. Well, Instagram needs no recognition in this sphere. Instagram is quite popular for creating daily content such as posts, videos, and much more. It was launched in October 2010 in the United States. Moreover, it has more than 2 billion users all across the globe. The best thing about this platform is that a lot of people have started their careers as successful content creators through this platform.
The good thing about this platform is it is not less than other platforms that enable users to earn some attractive amount of money. This means that it is not only used for showcasing your talent, but you can earn through this platform without any doubt. Moreover, Instagram is considered the best platform for creating advertisement campaigns and even for selling products. Hence, if you want to create content like blogging, videos, posts, etc.. Instagram is best of all.
- Instagram has introduced Instagram reels that enable you to share even short videos on this platform.
- You can earn more than 1000$ per month with 1k followers.
- Your earnings can be increased with an increased number of followers.
- You need some great skills in creating content to stand out on this platform because there is a lot of competition here.
- To start earning through Instagram, content creators are supposed to have at least 1,000 followers.
The next amazing platform that is listed here is TikTok. Well, TikTok is one of the best social media platforms that is getting popular day by day. In fact, it is justified to say that TikTok is progressing in this race with no leaps and bounds. It was launched in 2016 in China. In a very short time, TikTok has managed to make its place among the top social media platforms. In fact, according to some reports, TikTok has more than one billion active users.
Now the real question is why to choose TikTok. Well, TikTok is one of the best platforms to share videos. Content creators can make videos from 15 sec to 3 min, which is quite a fair length. Another amazing thing about this platform is you are not supposed to create videos with certain types.
In fact, you can create your videos related to any category that falls under the community guideline of TikTok policy. Hence, if you are sure that you can create catchy videos, then TikTok is all you need in your life.
- TikTok has started TikTok Creator Funds that enable creators to earn money directly using this platform.
- Growing your TikTok account is quite easy because getting followers on TikTok is easy as compared to other platforms.
- The major disadvantage of TikTok is that one needs to be highly active on TikTok to grow his account. Because the competition is quite high, you are supposed to post daily videos on TikTok.
- To monetize your TikTok account, you are supposed to have at least 10,000 followers, which is quite high among others.
Facebook was launched in 2004 in the United States. In fact, it is justified to say that Facebook is among the earliest social media platforms. Being the oldest in this business, Facebook is very popular among users. That’s why there are nearly 3 billion active users on a monthly basis which is very good.
Moreover, Facebook comes with plenty of content creation options that allow its users to showcase their multiple talents under the same roof.
Whether you like to create videos or blogs, Facebook is suitable for all. Besides this, Facebook is not limiting its creators to create any particular type of content. In fact, you can create any type of content related to different categories, such as gaming, music, movies, documentaries, comedy, etc., without any limitations. Moreover, Facebook enables content creators to sell their products and skills through Facebook pages and groups which is also very interesting in this sphere.
- Facebook allows its users to earn money directly through this platform and offers 1 to 10$ per 1000 Facebook views.
- It is very easy to gain an audience on Facebook as it already has up to 3 billion users.
- Gaining paid advertisements on Facebook is quite easy because many brands are already using this platform.
- The most important disadvantage of Facebook is its monetization plan is only available for business pages right now.
- Earning money on Facebook is a bit difficult because competition is quite high on this platform.
Twitter was launched in 2006 in the United States. It is also one of the earliest social media platforms that was used by creators to start their careers as influencers. But the interesting thing about this platform is their policies have kept on changing with time. However, the popularity of Twitter has never changed despite their changes in policies. In fact, there are more than 300 million users that use Twitter all across the globe.
Suppose you are really interested in knowing why you should use Twitter for your content creation. Then, to make it clear to you. Twitter is one of the best social media platforms that are good for writing because this platform is the best for writing amazing Tweets that can catch the attention of the viewers.
Moreover, this platform is really best for sharing skills, innovative ideas, and much more. Hence, if you are sure that you are best at sharing written content, then Twitter is the best choice for you.
- Twitter is an easy-to-use Platform that is best for sharing innovative ideas and skills.
- Twitter has even allowed users to monetize their tweets so you can earn directly through this application.
- It allows users to earn through sponsored posts, which is also amazing.
- According to its new policy, Twitter has limited the number of daily Tweets, which is not very impressive for most of us.
- Their monetization process is quite complex as compared to others and is only available for verified accounts.
- This platform is not considered ideal for those who want to create videos and pictures. However, you can still share them.
The next best social media platform for content creators is LinkedIn. It was officially launched in 2003. And since then, LinkedIn has managed to gain huge popularity among business owners. In fact, it is now considered one of the best professional networking platforms for all types of professions all across the globe. And that is the reason that it has managed to gain more than 700 million users worldwide, which itself is very amazing.
If you are seriously interested in selling your skills and business ideas as a content creator, then LinkedIn is surely a wise choice for you. Here, content creators can meet new people who are interested in their content easily, which is something that you all are looking forward to. Moreover, LinkedIn enables users to create groups that allow them to share their content with as many people as they can.
- It is an easy-to-use platform, and you are supposed to post content on a regular basis.
- This platform is the best for sharing ideas to earn, which is also very impressive.
- One of the major drawbacks of this platform is it does not offer any Creators’ funds to help creators to earn directly through this platform.
Well, for all those writers who are looking forward to sharing their writings on a suitable platform, then Medium is all you need in your life. Medium was launched in 2012. Although, this platform is not so old. However, it still has managed to gain popularity among content creators. In fact, according to a report, Medium is being used by over 60 million users across the globe, which shows that this platform is not less than any other social media platform.
Moreover, Medium is an ideal platform for those who want to write articles and blogs related to any topic. Hence, if you are a writer and want to share your blogs, then go with this platform. As it gives you a lot of opportunities to earn through using this platform.
Isn’t it cool! Besides this, this is an open platform that is used by millions of readers to enjoy ideas of people on various topics all across the globe. Hence, this platform is one of the best platforms for digital content writers.
- It is an ideal platform for digital content writers.
- It enables writers to even earn through their partner program and referred membership program, which is very useful for content creators.
- This platform is only for content writers. So, other content creators cannot avail their services.
The next social media platform on this list is none other than Snapchat. Well, it is also a very popular social media app that most of us have been using for taking pictures and making videos. It was launched around 2012 and since then it has earned a huge number of users in a very short time. And that’s the reason that currently, Snapchat has more than 300 million daily active users across the globe.
Well, the use of Snapchat for taking catchy pictures and videos is what we all know. But the reality is it is not just designed to take pictures or videos. In fact, you can use this platform to share your content as well. Actually, Snapchat has introduced a new feature, Snapchat Spotlight, where creators can share their short videos with the public. And the best thing to use this feature is you can even start earning by using this feature.
- The major advantage of using Snapchat Spotlight is creators can earn through using this platform.
- It allows users to earn directly through their reward program, and creators can earn through sponsored posts as well.
- This platform is only ideal for short video creators. Hence, you cannot share your other content on Snapchat.
The other amazing social media app on this list is Pinterest. Pinterest was launched in 2010. It is considered one of the largest image-sharing platforms where content creators can sell their various social media services. You can assume their popularity by checking their number of users. According to a report, Pinterest has more than 400 million active users per month. But the real question is, why are people using this platform in such a huge number?
Well, this is because Pinterest provides people with a platform where they can share any of their content, like home or style inspirations, recipes, products, and much more. There are billions of pins on Pinterest where the audience can find whatever they need. So, all you need to do is check the trends on Pinterest and create content according to the likes of people. Lastly, it also allows creators to earn through using this platform.
- The major advantage of this platform is it is very easy to use. So, creating content for Pinterest is not that difficult.
- You can even earn through this platform by doing paid partnerships with brands. All you need to do is add a paid partnership to your pin on Pinterest.
- The major con of Pinterest is that it does not pay according to their views. So, you can only earn through paid partnerships.
Telegram is another popular social media platform that is very popular among content creators. It was launched in 2013. And in a very short time, Telegram has managed to earn a huge number of users across the globe. In fact, it has more than 1 billion users. According to a report, more than 1 million new users are joining Telegram on a daily basis, which makes it one of the most downloaded social media apps of the current times.
Although most of us know Telegram as a message-delivering service. However, content creators can also use this platform to share their content because Telegram has introduced Public Telegram channels where you can share plenty of your content without any limit.
Moreover, there are group chat features too, where you can share your content with as many people as you want. Hence, we can say that this platform is one of the best among others due to its increasing popularity.
- You can use this platform to share your content of any type, like videos, pictures, documents etc.
- You can even earn through this platform through paid promotions.
- The main drawback of Telegram is its lack of privacy policies, which is a serious concern.
Although many of you are not aware of this amazing social media platform. However, Clubhouse has a significant spot on the list of best social media apps. Clubhouse was launched in 2020. And the interesting thing about this platform is it still manages to gather 10 million users in a very short time. Isn’t it impressive? It is a social audio app where users can communicate with each other through audio chat rooms.
Now, in case you are still not sure how you can use this platform to share your content. Then, to make it clear to you. Clubhouse enables content creators to share their content with millions of people. And most importantly, it helps creators to establish themselves by providing them with a monthly allowance. Hence, content creators use this platform not just to share their content but also to earn a good amount of money.
- This platform helps content creators to get promotional campaigns and even gives them the opportunity to earn money directly through this platform.
- This platform is still not established properly and lacks various necessary updates.
12. Mighty Networks:
The next amazing social media platform on this list is none other than Mighty Network. This platform is also not very old. Actually, it was launched in 2017. And since then, it has managed to gather some really impressive numbers of users. Because this platform is best for content creators who want to share multiple types of content under the same roof, and the best thing is there is no limit on sharing any kind of content.
Hence, if you want to share any of your content like videos, blogs, articles, posts, pictures, and much more, then consider this platform as the most suitable for you. Although it is not as popular as others on this list, still this platform is managing to gather a huge audience.
Moreover, it also helps creators earn a good amount of money by selling their products, skills, and even online courses.
- This platform offers a good spot for content creators to start earning by selling their products, and skills like online courses, etc.
- It allows creators to share their content with huge diversity like videos, audio, pictures, documents, etc.
- The major drawback of this platform is it imposes a transaction fee on creators which many content creators don’t like in general.
Patreon is also another useful social media platform for content creators. It was established in 2013. And since then more than 6 million users have trusted this social media platform across the globe. Actually, it is a membership platform that is very useful for content creators. The main purpose of Patreon is to provide tools for content creators so that they can run a subscription service successfully.
In case, you are a content creator but are confused about how you can earn a safe income monthly. This platform is very important for you. And the most amazing thing about this platform is it is widely used by different digital creators to raise money through their content. And the interesting part is that Patreon allows creators to collect money directly from their audience.
- It is the best social media platform that allows creators to collect money through subscriptions and is widely used by millions of users.
- Patreon charges a fee on payouts which is something not encouraged by content creators.
The second-last social media platform on this list is Tumblr. It is an American-based social media platform that was launched in 2007. And you can check their popularity by knowing that it is being used by more than 200 million users. In fact, it is justified to say that Tumblr is one of the most popular blogging websites. Interestingly, it houses more than 500 million blogs which is a huge number in this sphere.
This platform is very popular among bloggers and enables them to share their personal blogs without any limits. Because, whether you want to share videos, pictures, music, texts, and much more you are welcome on Tumblr which is quite impressive.
And lastly, you can earn money by using Tumblr through paid promotions and by adding affiliate links as well. Hence, we can say that this platform is surely one of the best due to its huge number of advantages.
- This platform allows creators to share different kinds of content like images, videos, documents, etc.
- You can earn a huge sum of money through this platform by adding affiliate links and paid promotions.
- It does not allow users any paid partnership program, and you can earn only through sponsorship.
Last but not least, Twitch is also one of the best social media platforms on this list. It is also an American-based platform and was established in 2011. It has more than more than 100 million active users on a monthly basis which is quite impressive in this space. Actually, Twitch is one of the most popular platforms among gamers. Hence, if you are a gamer then you might be familiar with this platform.
Although it is popular among gamers, you can still share your other content on this platform. Basically, it works on providing live streaming services to its users. So by using this service, you can share your skills like cooking recipes, lifestyle and fashion-related ideas, and much more.
Moreover, this platform can also be used to sell products by performing live streams. And lastly, it allows streamers to earn money according to their subscription which itself is very interesting.
- It is one of the best live-streaming platforms among content creators and allows them to earn a good amount of money.
- It charges a payout commission from streamers which is a serious area of concern among content creators.
The use of social media platforms is very popular in recent times. In fact, a lot of youngsters in present times are looking forward to starting their careers as social media influencers since there are multiple benefits to choosing this field.
As it allows creators to work according to their own will and interests. In return, this can help them in earning a huge amount of money. Which to be honest, is what we all need in our lives.
However, choosing a social media platform among this huge variety is not so easy because not every platform is suitable for every content creator.
However, with a little bit of knowledge, you can solve this issue. In case you are confused in this matter then this article will surely solve your problem. Hopefully, after reading this article you will become able to choose the right social media platform for yourselves.