Have you ever received an email from Instagram with the headline
“[XXX], we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram?”
If Yes, then you want to discover what it means. The fact that you received such a message from Instagram is not a huge problem. Since many individuals receive similar messages regularly, you are not the only one to receive this message. The most important thing is to figure out why this message is being sent.
This blog post is all about why Instagram sends such types of messages to its users.
Reasons behind we have made it easy to get back on Instagram
1. Brute- Force attack
If you keep receiving alerts saying, “We’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram.” Then it will happen due to a Brute-force attack. In a brute-force attack, the attacker inputs several passwords or passphrases to eventually guess them accurately. For finding the exact password the attacker repeatedly sends this message to the user.
Fortunately, you can save yourself from a Brute-force attack by following the steps below;
- Make sure you’ve changed your password and that it is special.
- Turn on two-factor verification.
2. Someone attempted to access your Instagram account.
Another reason behind this message might be somebody wants to get access to your Instagram account. However, it is conceivable that someone else who has a username similar to yours is seeking to log into their account but has forgotten or incorrectly placed an alphabet, and the username they have entered now seems to be yours.
They are now continually attempting different passwords to enter into their accounts, but they are unable to do so since your password and their password are different. Instagram would thus consider all of these incorrect attempts to enter your account as questionable activities, enabling them to give you the statement “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram.”
In this situation, you can instantly change your Instagram account password and use the Two-factor authentication function. Now we will discuss how to change your Instagram account password and make two-step authentication;
You can quickly reset your Instagram account password by following these instructions, regardless of whether you use an iOS or Android smartphone.
Resetting Instagram Password
- Take out your smartphone, then open the Instagram app.
- In the lower right corner, select the account symbol. You’ll see your profile page.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, press the three parallel lines, then tap Settings.
- Select Security.
- Click Password.
- Enter your current password first, followed by the new one you want for your account. Now click save and you are down.
Turn on two-factor authentication
You can secure your password and account by using the Instagram Two-step authentication function. By completing the easy actions shown below, you may enable this feature:
- To access your profile, click the logo with your profile image in the lower right corner.
- In the upper right corner, press the three horizontal lines, then choose Settings.
- After selecting Security, pick Two-factor Authentication.
- Select Get Started.
- Choose your desired security mechanism and continue to the given instructions.
You must select one of the following two security measures to use two-factor authentication:
- Your mobile phone may send text message codes.
- Authentication codes are received from a third-party application, such as Google Authenticator or Duo Mobile.
- To allow two-factor authentication, at least one of them has to be set up.
3. A Phishing Attack – An Unwanted Message
While utilizing a well-known social media network like Instagram, you need always make sure something is authentic before you believe it since nothing on the internet is truly true.
Even while it seems real, the message you received saying “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram” may not be true.
Do you know about phishing? Phishing is used for securing the victim’s credit card or login information. It happens when a criminal deceives a victim into opening an email, text message, or instant message by presenting themselves as a reliable source.
Hackers utilize the same colors, logos, and other details in the phishing technique to make the Email appear authentic. They go through all this trouble only to get you to open the email. You are likely to receive a link in the email asking you to sign in to your Instagram account.
The instant you click on this site, follow the steps and input your Instagram login information, the hacker will have access to everything you entered.
How To Stop Viewing The Text “We Have Made It Easier To Get Back On Instagram”
There are two ways to reduce or completely stop sending “Sorry to hear…” emails. These comprise:
Your Instagram email address can be changed: By doing this, you can cease receiving email notifications if a hacker tries to access your Instagram profile just using your email address and is missing your password.
You may turn on two-factor authentication, or 2FA: Rather than using phone numbers, this may be achieved using authentication software, such as Google Authenticator or Skills that will make. You can still receive emails even after switching on this function, too.
How to Change Your Email Address
You may immediately alter your email address by following these instructions, even if you have an iOS or an Android phone:
- Start the Instagram app, then select the Profile button in the bottom right corner.
- Tap Edit Profile in the middle of the page after accessing your profile.
- Select Personal Information Settings by scrolling down.
- You will discover the email option on the Personal Information page.
- Once you’ve entered a new email address, click on Email and then press the blue checkmark in the top-right corner.
- You will discover an email from Instagram in your inbox asking that you verify the change of email address by clicking the given link. You may click the given Email to ultimately confirm the email address change, which will then take you to Instagram where you can sign in to your account using the new email address.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. How can I access Instagram’s most recent emails?
Answer: Instagram enables you to view the official emails sent out by Instagram over the last 14 days to prevent spam and phishing messages.
To check Instagram emails:
- The profile photo icon is located in the bottom-right corner of the Instagram app. Click the app once it is open.
- In the top-right corner, touch the three horizontal lines, then select Settings.
- Click Security.
- Click on Instagram Emails.
2. How can I change my name, username, and email address on Instagram?
Answer: When making changes to your Instagram profile, you must enter your account.
- Select Edit Profile from your profile.
- Fill out the data.
- Tap Done to make changes to your name, username, and email address on Instagram.
3. I was scammed on Instagram; what should I do?
Answer: If you submitted your login information into a doubtful link, someone else may now gain access to your account information. Here are some options for you to consider.
- If you are still able to log in to your account, protect it by locking all devices but the ones you are now using.
- Try to regain your account if you are unable to log in.
- You may contact email@example.com to report suspicious emails.
If you are a frequent Instagram user then you must be aware of all the Instagram-related dangers and their safety. This article explains how a hacker, not Instagram, may have been sending you misleading login notification emails. Such emails have been sent to many Instagram users. If these emails are authentic or not, you may rapidly and easily determine. Additionally, you may establish a new email for both your Instagram account and other social media platforms.