TikTok is becoming one of the largest social media sites being used right now in a very short period. However, TikTok often has issues, just like any other app, especially given the fact that millions of individuals use it every day. For this reason, people face trouble and end up deactivating their accounts.
But you will be glad to know that instead of leaving or deactivating your account you can fix that issue. First, you need to discover the root cause of the problem and then resolve it. For your convenience, we have mentioned some problems related to these issues and their fixes as well.
TikTok Is Not Working: Some Common Issues with TikTok And Solutions
Also, we mention fixes for both iOS and Android. So if you face the same issue keep reading this blog post;
1. TikTok network issue:
Sometimes TikTok may not be working due to a network issue. Whenever you suffer a TikTok network issue, no need to worry because this problem can be fixed heavily. Network problems, such as a sluggish internet connection and a poor network, are the reason for this error.
Here are some measures to take to solve this issue: What may be the root of this problem?
Possible causes of this problem include a sluggish or unreliable internet connection.
But here are some measures to solve this issue:
- You should thoroughly check your internet connection.
- Try to fix the problem with your internet connection if it won’t function.
- If the problem persists after testing your internet connection, you should update the Tiktok app
- If the issue continues after testing your internet connection, you should update the Tiktok app 3. If the issue persists after doing so, go to your cellphone settings.
- Select TikTok from the list of programs, then click the App Permission button to enable WiFi and mobile data.
2. Tiktok Didn’t Loading
When Tiktok is not operating well then it must have a loading issue. So, if you have a problem with TikTok not loading or functioning, then we have a solution below;
This problem is caused by some errors in the server and issues related to the device as well.
Below are a few approaches to solving this issue:
- Access your smartphone’s settings.
- Open the app
- Next, seek TikTok.
- Now, the TikTok app should be “Clear cache” and “Clear data.”
- Restart your phone after following this step, and you should notice the problem is repaired
3. Tiktok Won’t Open
You must have often noticed that TikTok did not open. You might see the statement ” Unfortunately TikTok has stopped”.
This problem occurs often due to smartphone internal problems and not updating the app regularly.
Fortunately, you can end up this problem by following the steps below;
- Start the Play Store first.
- Type “TikTok” into the search field.
- Select Update, and the app will be upgraded.
- Reset your phone and access the TikTok app when the app has been updated.
By following the above instruction you can resolve the given issue.
4. The Tiktok App Keeps Crashing And Hanging.
Sometimes you have faced the problem of the TikTok app crashing and hanging. You may have noticed this issue at times. I’ll explain how to fix it today.
This problem happens because of watching too many videos. Due to so many videos TikTok gathers heavy caches inside the phone memory so it causes hanging and crashing issues.
Simply clearing the caches of the TikTok app will solve this problem.
Cache cleansing may be done by following the steps below.
- First, launch the TikTok app.
- Select your profile icon in step two.
- Press the three dots.
- Select Clear Caches by swiping down.
You will notice the error resolved whenever you restart the TikTok app after the process is finished.
5. After Sharing, a TikTok Video Won’t Play
You probably noticed sometimes that the video does not play correctly after being shared on TikTok. Hence, I’ll explain how to resolve this issue.
Because it’s not a TikTok problem formally. It frequently happens as a result of some technical innovations.
- You can get rid of this issue by clearing the cache and data on TikTok.
- Then reset your phone and start the TikTok app. Then, you probably wouldn’t notice this issue.
If this method results in this issue, remove TikTok and then reinstall the most recent version of the software. This way you can get rid of such type of issue.
Simple iPhone and Android Fixes
Here are some easy fixes for Android and iPhone devices;
1. Enable Tiktok To Use Your Camera And Microphone
TikTok usually has not had access to your microphone or camera if you are facing trouble recording audio or video. To resolve the issue you must modify the access settings to ensure that TikTok has the rights required to correctly record a video. Here are some brief explanations for that:
- Got your phone’s settings interface started.
- Navigate to Apps.
- Find TikTok and tap it.
- Choosing Permissions.
- Make sure TikTok has the authorization to use your microphone and camera.
- Go to Settings.
- Select our privacy.
- Tap the microphone.
- Verify that the TikTok toggle is set to the green position.
- Now choose Camera.
- If it has not already, flip the toggle next to TikTok to the green position.
2. Retype your TikTok Account Information
When you faced trouble in log into your TikTok account then check your account details which you enter for logging in. Note that the username you are typing must not start with a @ and that case matters. If your login data has been automatically filled in or you are using a password manager, try individually entering your account information.
Tap on the “?” symbol in the top-right corner if neither of those suggestions helped and you are still unable to log in to TikTok. Pick Logging in on the Report a Problem page. After that, you may get your account back by providing your TikTok username, email address, or phone number.
3. Reinstall TikTok After Uninstalling It
When nothing has helped and your TikTok is still not functioning, you might try removing and reinstalling the app. This technique fixes any app issues that force-quitting the program and emptying its cache did not.
Follow these instructions to delete TikTok from your Android smartphone and reinstall it:
- Press the TikTok app for a long time in the app drawer.
- On the pop-up menu, choose Uninstall.
- To confirm the deletion, select OK.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your device.
- Click enter after typing “TikTok” into the search box.
- Select TikTok, then click the Install option.
This is how you install and reinstall the TikTok app on an iOS device:
- Tap the TikTok app repeatedly.
- From the menu, choose Remove App.
- Click Delete App.
- To confirm, tap Delete once more.
- Go to the App Store of Apple right now.
- Try looking up TikTok.
- The (cloud-like) Reinstall symbol should be pressed.
4. Inform TikTok About The Issue
When you attempting p all the possible ways to get rid of this trouble, if TikTok is still not functioning, there is probably a problem with your account. You must interact with TikTok Support to find out more about the problem and how to fix it. Follow these steps to accomplish that:
- Start the TikTok application.
- In the lower-right corner of the screen, select Profile.
- Choose the settings symbol in the upper right.
- Look at the Privacy and Settings section.
- Press Report on this issue.
- Choose a topic or directly look for the problem you’re having.
- If the problem is not shown in the menu, hit the input symbol in the top-right corner to let TikTok know what’s wrong.
Through the TikTok Creator Marketplace, you can also immediately call TikTok’s customer service.
Your TikTok may not operate due to many software and hardware problems. Fortunately, we’ve shown here, these issues can be solved quickly. The 90% of TikTok-related difficulties may be resolved by restarting the app or your device, deleting the app’s cache, or both. However, if none of those work, you can attempt the following simple troubleshooting methods.