Yes, WebP (Google Web Picture) comes with lossless images as compared to regular image file types such PNG and JPG. Expert claims that WebP comes with a 26% smaller size as compared to PNG and approximately 25-34% decrease in size as compared to a JPG raster image without affecting the over quality. Although PNG and JPG both are regular image format, but if you ever stuck with a Google WebP image, you ought to turn it into PNG or JPG.
Did you Know!
There are innumerable applications available around the Web that don’t support WebP and most often prone to WebP upload Errors. So, if you’re also struggle for that, then simply navigate to theonlineconverter.com to learn how to convert WebP to PNG for free with its best Google WebP file to PNG converter.
Keep reading along to explore several ways to export WebP as PNG regular image format!
Preview App (MAC):
Before knowing about the third-party applications, lets commence with a default solution to turn WebP into PNG on Windows and Mac. You can now change WebP image to PNG or even JPG effortlessly using Preview app.
How to convert WebP to PNG on Mac?
- Simply open the image file in the Preview app on your Mac
- Then, make a click on the File option that is given in the menu bar
- Then, just scroll down to Export from the list. Now click on the Export
- This is where macOS will ask to choose the export image format, you ought to select JPG, PNG, or even HEIC format from the given menu. Plus, you can choose the image quality and start customizing the final image size according to your needs
- Now, you ought to simply rename the exported image and click on the Save button
Congrats, you have successfully transformed Google WebP into PNG on Mac.
You can now easily convert WebP file to PNG, Heic, or JPG by using the free assistance of Paint. Lets us show what you need to do.
How to Convert WebP to PNG on Windows?
- Choose the image that you aim to convert and simply open it in the Pain application on Windows
- Now, you ought to use Ctrl + S keys in order to save the image computer
- During the exporting process, this app ask you to select the location and even format type to save the image
- This is where you can either choose JPG or even the PNG from the given list and click on the Save button
WebP Converter (Web-Based):
Now, you can make a couple of hits to export WebP as PNG raster based graphic file without any quality loss. The upside is that you can now quickly convert one or couple of WebP graphic files to PNG images. Go through the below-mentioned steps to save WebP as PNG online:
How to Convert WebP to PNG using WebP Converter?
- Navigate to the “theonlineconverter.com” on the web
- Now, choose the WebP images that you decided to convert into PNG and drop them all into the main tool box
- You can make further editing from the settings option, do according to your preference
- Then, click on the Convert button
- Finally, hit Download Zip button to save WebP files at once as PNG images
Use Chrome Extension:
So far, you already explored the ways to turn WebP into PNG or JPG image file. But what if we reveals how to download Google WebP as PNG raster based graphic file format.
Using a Chrome extension, one can make couple of taps to export WebP as PNG on desktop. Now, no need to convert it later on as the extension does all in the matter of seconds. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
How to Convert WebP to PNG using Chrome?
- All you need to Open the Chrome or any Chromium browser including Microsoft Edge or Opera
- Very next, simply Download and start installing the WebP image converter extension
- From now on, whenever you encounter a WebP image file, make a right click on it and choose the “Convert and save image as” option
- You can find that this converter will turn the image from WebP into PNG prior saving it to the desktop