While Google maps were designed to provide detailed information about a geographical location worldwide there is still much more to it!
In addition to road maps, it provides public transportation routes and times. It also reveals expect time to arrive depending on the means of travel you choose. Furthermore, Google maps offer aerial and satellite view of many regions. In certain cities, Google map offers street views covered via vehicles.
A great feature about Google maps is that you can save the frequently visited locations to Google Maps so that you can simply select your destination and Google Maps begins telling you the route, and it will automatically trace where you are, inform you of delays in reaching your goal due to heavy traffic congestion in your route, and inform you of the approximate time required to reach your location.
You can even drop a pin in a location and save it on your profile and share it with your acquaintances!
Dropping a pin on a location is useful when a certain place does not have an address or a road chart. It will help you to save your favorite place in a secured favorites folder for later travel journeys. You can share your pins with your friends to indicate a meet-up location, and they will assist you in returning to these locations too with just a few clicks!
This article will provide you with a step-by-step guideline on how you can drop a pin location in Google maps on Android, web, and iOS.
Let’s take a look at the guideline now!
The preliminary step to this journey is a Google account. You need to be signed in to your Google account to avail of the Google Maps service.
How To Drop A Pin On Google Maps From A Desktop 2023:
Here you can drop a pin on Google maps from a Desktop computer or laptop in 2023.
- Now you can open Google maps from the search bar or from Google icons from the Google Chrome homepage.
- In the search bar now type the location that you want to pin.
- Now click on the small grey Location pin icon right next to your location description in the search bar. You should now see a red pin location icon for the location that you searched for.
- You can even do this step just by going to any location from maps and clicking on the icon right next to the location that you want to pin. The pin icon will appear red after clicking.
How To Drop A Pin On Google Maps From Andriod 2023:
Here you can drop a pin on Google maps from Andriod phones in 2023.
- Open the Google map application.
- Search for the location that you want to drop a pin on.
- Now press and hold on to the screen to drop a pin.
- The location and other relevant options with respect to your address will now appear on the screen.
- Just tap on the location to get directions, share it, save it or label it.
How To Drop A Pin On Google Maps From iPhone 2023:
The steps to drop a pin on Google maps from iPhone are more or less similar to how you would do it from an Android!
- Open the Google maps application.
- Search for the address or location that you want to pin
- To drop a pin you need to long press on the screen in the anticipated location.
- The address or coordinates will now appear on your screen.
- Tap on the screen to view or add more details, get directions and add more labels.
How To Drop A Pin For Your Business 2023:
For this, you need to confirm the address you entered is up to date and contains superfluous information.
If your address doesn’t have a street number, or you’re sure that you’ve entered the address correctly, but the system still can’t find it, you can pin your business directly on the map.
- Go to your business profile.
- Click on “edit profile” then go to “business information”.
- Close to the top select “Location”.
- Next to “Business location” click “edit”.
- Click on “adjust” to adjust your location.
- Move the map to pinpoint your business location.
- Click on done to save the location.
How To Create A Customize Map And Drop Multiple Pins 2023:
Google Maps is extremely adaptable. Create a personalized map that you can share with friends if you’re planning a trip or want a go-to list for you and your friends.
By making your own map, you can see the various pins in a clearer way and see how they are connected geographically. When you want to measure the distance and relationship between each of your favorite pinned locations, this is especially helpful.
In order to show you how to make your very own Google Map, we’ve laid out a few easy steps for you below.
- Open Google maps from your browser.
- Leaving individual pins does not necessitate logging into your Google account. However, in order to save the pins, you must be logged in. When you want to make a Google map, you must also sign in to your profile.
- Click on the menu icon at the top left corner of your screen.
- After this select “your places” then “map” and lastly “create map”.
A new window will now appear on your screen which will show your customized map.
- To give a name on your customized map. Click on “Untitled Map” to give your map a certain name. You can also add the description for your map if you want. Now click on “save” when you’re finished.
- By tapping the marker icon, which is located just beneath the search bar, you can record a precise location. You can easily use the search bar and type in your preferred location to locate it, or you can tap a specific area to add a marker for this location.
- Under the description of your initial destination, click the “Add Directions” icon in the “icon bar”. It might appear near the first marker at the top of the screen. In the bottom left of the page, you will find an A field and a B field once you have finished this step. You can quickly conduct a location search from this location, and you can keep adding new destinations by using the side menu. You’ll see that your guide will naturally connect to the areas.
Nothing else needs to be done if you only intend to use this map for personal use. However, you will need to click on the icon in the upper left corner if you want to share your map with another person. You will be able to view a preview of your map before you share it after doing.
How To Save A Pin Location in 2023:
- Once you pin a location, an information bar will now pop up on your screen holding more information and more options.
- Now you can choose which list you want to save your pinned location to.
- Favorites, Want to go, and starred places are your options but you can also create a new list with personalized list names.
- Your pin location will now appear as saved with a mark of your list of choice.
How To Find All Your Saved Locations in 2023:
- In order to find your pin location on Google maps just go to the menu option it will appear as three lines on the top right corner of the page.
- Then click on your saved places.
- Now click on the list where your original location was saved to.
How To Remove A Saved Pin in 2023:
To do this just simply click on the “X” option in the search bar that appears on your screen when you click on your pin. Click anywhere else on the map or press the X icon in the information box at the bottom of the screen to remove a dropped pin from the desktop.
How To Share A Dropped Pin Location in 2023:
This feature can be availed from both mobile and desktop.
- From the desktop, you can either copy and paste the automated generated link and share it with your friends.
- You can also click on the Facebook icon to share the link with your friends from this network.
- You can also post your link directly on Twitter from the Twitter icon.
You can use the native “Share” option from Android and iOS to share the pin with your friends through various networks.
How To Add A Label On Your Pin 2023:
A personalized word or phrase can be used to label your dropped pins. It can be added to a list as well. The labels will be available in all versions of Google Maps and will sync across your entire Google account.
How To Send A Desktop Pin To Your Phone 2023:
If you drop a pin on Google Maps using the desktop version of the app, you can share it with your Google Maps mobile app, email it to your Google account’s Gmail address, or text it to your Google account’s phone number.
Use Of A Dropped Pin:
Let’s explore the most viable feature of the dropped pins on Google Maps.
Dropped pins as means of directions:
Google Maps’ most anticipated feature is to provide directions. Dropped pins become an essential part of the procedure if you are unsure of a location’s address.
You can use your dropped pin as either an endpoint or a starting point. Unfortunately, there is no way to place two dropped pins and determine where they lead. Instead, you will need to drop one pin, write down the address or coordinates, and then use the second pin as your starting point or destination.
Maps will now provide routes to your dropped pin.