If you want to chat and message someone then Plenty of fish or also known as POF is a platform where the user can make friends because it is commonly known as a dating app where most conversations take place. The company or the server providing this platform is serious about getting you talking to people and claims a billion messages are sent on this POF platform every month.
POF is one of the few dating apps that allows you to contact any fellow users without matching or subscribing. This feature makes it one of the most immediately usable dating apps. While it’s not as a feature-rich platform or easy to use or user-friendly as other social media apps.
It’s a viable alternative for singles on a budget who are looking for loved ones. This platform was basically founded back in 2003 like all other apps it’s one of the mature dating apps providing services and predates the smartphone era. In its modern feature, it is transitioned into the modern age with both an Android or an IOS app but it still possesses the desktop version as well if you want to go old-school.
As mentioned earlier that its basic purpose is for talking with folks. POF is a well-known dating app this is probably big thanks to the option like “find your other half” commercials that they started running back in the early 2000s this app also possess option which attracted user like “plenty of fish in the sea” and even those youngsters who are married for years can not refrain themselves from this dating app.
It’s a general fact that something popular doesn’t necessarily make it good. Because of this thing, we wanted to fish for the truth and see if POF is popular because of a top-notch app or top-notch advertising. It turns out that plenty of fish has gone through quite a few glow-ups over the last 10 years.
But years ago this platform has a rough reputation mainly surrounding the quality of the members this was probably because of the fact that the site can be accessed by anyone with minimal barriers and restrictions at the time of entry. In this way, it becomes easy for scammers, spammers, and fake accounts to disturb others with something quick.
But later on, the company added some phone numbers for verification and the OTP codes for verification at the time of entry to stop the flood of people entering this platform. Because when the server put restrictions and set the specified rules and regulations then it will be difficult for the scammers to get access to any account easily like earlier.
Interface And Profiles
The POF interface becomes a bit simplistic and fairly dated by the users. Luckily the recent redesigns have done away with that My First Dating Site Vibe, especially on mobile. Also including the will-respond profile is the more convenient and nicer way to highlight the members who are most likely to give you precious time in their day for chatting and dating. However, the user is free to ignore these guidelines and message anyone you want from anywhere at any time of the day.
The search function of your account operates with your standard filter options including age, intent, ethnicity, and body type involving the ability to search easily by the overall length of your potential matches’ longest relationship on time. If the user is looking for a wholesome sugar daddy and mommy the user can sort by income as well.
If your search gives you the result that you would like to reach out to, then the process is quick and painless. When the user opens the other profile with whom they want to get connected the profile will show you the photo, age, and screen name at the top as well as their current status whether they are online or offline visible to you. For increasing your experience, the server will help you start the conversation, by showing the list of things that the user enjoys. You also have the option to easily send them a message as a priority which floats at the top of the receiver’s inbox.
The negative point is that the individual’s profile feels more like a spreadsheet occupied with data with nothing particularly highlighted or featured.
How You Can Delete Your Plenty Of Fish Accounts?
There are numerous reasons why someone wants to get rid of plenty of fish accounts.
Whether you have found your perfect match
Users want to take a break from the dating games
Sometimes user gets fed up with this app and wants to start another account on any other dating app.
Tinder is also one of the most common dating apps but Plenty of Fish focuses on compatibility then the simple swiping method for finding a good companion. You need to fill out a few pages regarding questions about yourself before moving ahead.
Same as the other social media platform here also have two options. one is you can simply delete your entire profile permanently and secondly just hide your account from viewing other accounts in the search bar. When the user hides their profile then people won’t be able to find them on the whole website so this is a more feasible option than blocking your account permanently.
In case you are sure enough you are done with it, deleting your POF account will be the best option because you also have the option if you want to rejoin this platform you can come and create a new account later on.
How To Permanently Delete Your POF Account?
When you are fully ready to say goodbye to your Plenty of Fish account and all the features you are availing from it follow these below-mentioned steps when you are using a PC or any windows.
- Move toward your POF account closure page
- Sign in to your account if you haven’t earlier
- Navigate down and click on the DELETE MY ACCOUNT option.
- Again enter your username and password and select the reason for closing your account permanently from the reason book.
- Again tap on the DELETE MY PLENTY OF FISH account option to confirm your process.
- After this, your profile will be permanently deleted and will not be visualized by other members of the website.
How To Delete Your POF Account Using A Web Browser?
- Visit the POF site and sign in to your account if you haven’t earlier.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on the help center option.
- Tap on the View Topic under the profile and account section.
- Tap on “Removing your Plenty of Fish Account” under the whole accounts section.
- At the bottom of the page, you will see the click here option to move on
- A new page will be open to give you the choices to try other dating sites or want to take a break. At the end of it, you will see Delete My Account and tap on it.
The last option to delete your POF account provides the whole following information
- Username of your POF account
- The password of your POF account
- Reasons to leave the POF application
- If you have met someone and choose to delete the account, also provide his/her username
- Number of dates you went
- If you recommend it to your friends or fellows.
- On the final step click on “delete my plenty fish account”
Hide Your Account On Windows:
If you just want to take a break from the dating app for a while and you plan to come back on the platform then it will be a good option to hide your account for some time on the website. Maybe you are holding onto some memories so permanently deleting will vanish your all memories so hiding your account will be best for you. For hiding follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Scroll to the POF official website and log in to your Plenty of Fish account
- Tap on My Profile at the top of the web page and then select Edit Profile
- Navigate down to the Profile Visibility and tap on the bubble next to Hide Profile.
- By doing this your profile will no longer appear on any suggestion box to other users and if you want to unhide your profile then simply repeat the above-mentioned steps to put yourself back on the platform and retrieve all the services of the app.
How To Hide POF Profile On Android?
- Open the Plenty of Fish app on your phone
- Open your profile and tap on edit profile
- Tap on the option of Hide Your Profile from Others.
- Mark the checkbox to hide your profile
How To Hide Your POF Profile On An iPhone?
- Launch the Plenty of Fish app on your IOS device
- Tap on the profile icon at the top left corner of your screen
- Tap on the edit button at the bottom
- Scroll down to the bottom and click here
How To Cancel POF Subscription?
The first and foremost important thing is to cancel your subscription before moving ahead to hide or delete your plenty of fish account. The steps utilized for canceling your subscription depend on what platform you used earlier to subscribe.
Using Google Play Store:
If you have taken the subscription using android or google play store follow the step-wise process mentioned below.
- Go to the google play store on your device
- Click on the profile icon at the top right corner
- Select payments and subscriptions from the list and tap on subscriptions
- Find the subscription you want to cancel
- Tap on cancel subscription.
Using App Store:
If you have taken the subscriptions through iPhone or App store follow the bellow mentioned step-wise process to cancel the subscription
- Go to your iPhone setting
- Tap on iTunes and the app store
- Click on your Apple ID at the top of the screen
- Click on media and purchase
- Then click on view account
- Tap the subscriptions
- Find the subscriptions that you want to cancel
- Now click on cancel subscription
- Go to play.google.com
- Sign in using your account details
- Click on My Subscriptions on the left side of the screen
- Click on the subscriptions you want to cancel
- Tap on cancel subscriptions.
Did we discuss how to delete your POF account? Now you can delete it via your smartphone and via a web browser.
Before deleting the POF account, keep in mind, the account deletion is permanent. Once you deleted it, you cannot retrieve it back. After deleting the account, all of your account data, including your connections, conversations, etc will vanish as well.
Whatever the reason is in your case, just delete the account before deciding to no longer use this app. Follow the mentioned procedure, and you are done and free from the clasps of the relationship.
If you find this article helpful, tell us in the comment section.