Why is TikTok one of the fastest-growing and most well-known social media platforms? TikTok was launched by a Chinese company named “Douyin.” TikTok gained popularity because it provides unbelievably quick editing and recording features. So it becomes easier for content creators to record, edit swiftly, and then publish their videos on TikTok. In this way, they can go viral in a very short period.
Despite millions of satisfied users, Tiktok has some privacy issues. TikTok can steal your personal information like location, internet address, contact details, etc. Even President Donald Trump banned Tik Tok in the U.S for a short time due to national security concerns.
How To Delete TikTok Account in 2023:
Whether it is a privacy concern, being too addicted to this app, or some other reason you decide to delete your Tiktok Account. So how can you delete your Tiktok Account once you have decided?? Fortunately, TikTok lets you delete your Tiktok Account in simple steps. It is advisable to back up your old data, like your favorite videos, before deleting your TikTok Account permanently.
Like other social media apps such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, TikTok also allows you to recover your Account. After you deactivate your Account, you can reactivate it in 30 days. But if you leave your Account deactivated for more than 30 days then it will remove permanently.
So in this guide, you will learn;
- How to delete TikTok account
- How to delete TikTok account from mobile
- How to delete TikTok account from the computer
- How can you back up your data before deleting your TikTok Account?
How to delete your TikTok Account from a mobile app:
TikTok allows you to easily deactivate or delete your TikTok Account from a mobile phone or an iPhone. Follow the instructions below;
- First, open your Tiktok Account on your mobile phone. You can see a three lines menu in the upper right corner. Select three lines.
- This three-line menu opens the “settings and privacy” screen in front of you.
- Next, “manage account” and “delete account.”
- Now, a screen appears in front of you in which you have asked why you want to leave this app. You may skip this question if you don’t want to respond. The app will allow you to skip to the upper right corner.
- In this step, after you click skip or something else, a screen will appear where they ask you to download your entire data before your Account is deleted.
- If you don’t want to back up your data, click “continue to delete.”
- After that, TikTok shows the screen that you have now 30 days if you want to reactivate your Account, and if you reactivate it after 30 days, you will lose all your data like videos, photos, or anything else.
- Now, you will see an option “continue.”
- In the next step, select “Continue” to verify your TikTok Account. If you are a regular user of TikTok, then TikTok will send a code to enter. If not, you will be prompted to log in using the service you used to establish your Account (such as Apple, Google, etc.).
- Once your Account is verified, click “Delete account.” To confirm your decision, tap “Delete your account” again. Refreshing the app will return you to the login page.
How to delete a TikTok account from the web browser:
Follow the instructions to delete the TikTok account from the web browser.
- In Your web browser, go to TikTok.com and sign in to your Account.
- Tap on your profile and tap “setting.”
- Tap “delete” on the Account control menu.
- On the next page, click “Continue.”
- You will receive a verification code through text message if your phone number is connected to your TikTok Account, which you must input on the Enter 6-digit code page.
- Tap “delete account” after entering your code.
- Tap “delete” again to confirm your password.
How can I activate my deactivated TikTok account again?
What happens if I decide not to delete my Tiktok Account and desire to get it back? You can recover your TikTok Account again within 30 days.
Use these steps to regain access to your Account;
- Go to the TikTok app on your mobile phone and select the profile menu.
- You can see the “Account” option in the center of the upper portion of the page.
- The Account you would like to reactivate is accessed by selecting Add account and logging in as instructed on the page.
- Once you log in, you can “Reactivate your account.” Now tap “reactivate.”
- Your browser will take you to a “Welcome back. Your account is not fully enabled right away.” page. You may occasionally see the Reactivate page again; simply click Reactivate.
- You will have access to your TikTok Account in a short period.
How to Backup your data from TikTok:
You can back up your data if you want to delete your TikTok Account but want to keep your data. Follow the below instructions to back up your data;
- Open a TikTok on your mobile phone. Next, go to your profile.
- Click “setting and privacy” and click “privacy.”
- Now tap “Download your data.”
- The “Download your data” section in the Download data tab will display your file after it has been created.
- A screen will appear in front of you where a TikTok advises you to keep your Account because it will take a few days to back up your whole data.
The file you are provided includes all of your data like your profile information, settings and comments history except your videos. But you must also download your videos manually if you want to keep them. To download your videos, simply follow these procedures;
- Move to your profile and tap the video you want to download.
- Now click “save the video.”
Why Can’t I delete my TikTok Account?
Do you ever stuck with your TikTok Account and unable to delete your Account?? Don’t worry. It sometimes happens due to multiple reasons. But you can still delete your TikTok Account forever. It might be two reasons that cause hindrances in the deletion of the TikTok account;
- Lack of contact details
One of the main reasons why you resist deleting your TikTok Account is little information about the Account. It means you skip your contact details while deleting your TikTok Account. Ensure to provide each contact details, like your email address and phone number.
- Force closing the app
The app may often have a malfunction that can be resolved by simply restarting it.
Consider Alternatives before you leave TikTok forever:
There will be many reasons why one decides to leave TikTok. But before jumping directly, always look for alternatives;
1. Spending too much time using Tiktok
Suppose you realize you will spend too much time using the TikTok app. Then you can limit your time watching Tik Tok. The time should be 40 to 120 minutes and at most that. Fortunately, TikTok allows you to set a timer and set a code. The app will close when your time limit is over and ask you to enter the code. In this way, you are ceased to spend more time on TikTok.
2. If you are concerned about privacy:
You may change privacy preferences to restrict users’ access to:
- Mention and tag you and also who can see your suggestions
- Watch your following
- Watch the videos you liked
- Download, publish, comment on, and use your content for partnerships.
It depends on you whether you accept or cancel someone’s friend request. Tiktok also allows you to keep your profile private.
3. You can avoid harassment:
Tiktok provides you to block or report the user who tries to harass you. If you block anyone from TikTok, then the user will not be able to find you in the search. In contrast, if you report someone, the user will be banned for violating community guidelines.
If you want to block or report someone follows the steps below;
- First, click three dots.
- Now tap “report” and “block.”
4. If your TikTok Account isn’t making money:
Why are you not able to make money instead of having several followers and millions of views?? One reason could be that you need to give them an easy way to purchase your items. You could make the buying process so difficult that no customer can buy.
To stop losing potential clients, follow these recommendations:
- Providing an easy way to get the desired product:
First, make a proper video about the product you want to sell. Then tell your customers in simple ways where they can purchase that product. Give the link to the product in your description. One more thing to make it simpler is to give that product link in your bio.
- Make ordering and payment straightforward.
For this, a micro landing is required. Publish links to your catalogs there. Once found, users can easily access any of the goods that flip in your video. Your social media networks and messaging apps should now have options for placing orders and paying bills. Users can then decide which method of payment is most practical. Remember to provide the landing link in your bio.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I delete my TikTok Account permanently?
Answer: Follow these steps to delete your TikTok Account;
- In the bottom right corner, select Account.
- In the top right corner, tap the 3-line sign.
- Click on Settings and Privacy.
- Click Delete account under Manage account.
- To delete your Account, go to the instructions in the application.
How long does it take for an account to be deleted on TikTok?
Answer: Great news if you have a deleter’s sorrow! TikTok only technically deactivates your Account for 30 days before completely removing it. Because of this, you can revive your Account while everything is still in place as long as you are within that time range. However, you will lose your Account and all of its data after 30 days.
Can you temporarily remove your TikTok Account?
Answer: Your Account on TikTok cannot be temporarily deleted. Although you have 30 days from the date of deletion to reinstate your Account, this is not advised.
Consider making your account private instead. Thanks to this restriction on your visibility, you have more control over who sees and shares your videos and messages. Since you have more control over when to turn it on or off, this is a better temporary solution.
What happens when a TikTok account is deleted?
Answer: Your TikTok Account is invisible for 30 days after deletion. You can get in touch with support and ask for your account access. Your Account is permanently erased after 30 days.
The most important thing to remember is that any data or messages transmitted from your closed Account to other accounts will not delete. Before deciding to completely delete your Account, pay great attention to the privacy settings on your Account.
After I delete my Account, can I still access my TikTok data?
Answer: If you have saved your TikTok data, you can still access it after deactivating your Account. However, if the thirty days since you deleted the Account have yet to pass and you have not backed up the data, returned it, and logged in, your data is recovered after your Account is reactivated. You will only ever have access to the TikTok data again if 30 days have passed and you have downloaded it.
Having millions of active users, TikTok gained popularity day by day. People enjoy Tik, whether they are content creators or simply a user. There are certain drawbacks to employing TikTok. Multiple reasons make people delete their TikTok accounts. So in this post, we have mentioned how to delete a TikTok account.
Meanwhile, we advise you to back up your data before deleting your TikTok Account. This guide also includes all the steps to back up your TikTok data. Hope you will find this guide useful.