Delete YouTube Account 2023:
Do you want to delete your youtube account?
You can also hide your youtube channel. Youtube is a widely used platform for uploading and sharing video content globally. Youtube provides an opportunity to millions of users who make content for youtube and go viral.
The best part of the youtube channel is millions of users make their earnings using this social media site. Another important aspect is that it is completely free of cost. Despite all these factors, people delete their youtube accounts and channels. There could be many reasons one decides to leave a youtube channel.
Sometimes people make a youtube channel with a similar name that already exists. In such a case, one will decide to delete that account. Another reason might be that when you need more subscribers and views, you decide to quit your youtube channel.
If you are fed up with your youtube channel, you can pause it for some time instead of deleting it. In this guide, we will learn;
- How to delete a youtube account from the web browser
- How to delete a youtube account from iOS
- How to delete a youtube account from an Android
So let’s get started;
Difference between Youtube “account” and “channel.”
Before learning to delete a youtube channel or account, let’s differentiate between youtube “channel” and “account” first.
If you use youtube just for watching videos, do comments, watching movies and dramas, listen to music, then you will need to create simply an “account” on youtube.
In contrast, if you want to create your content, like making videos and shorts on youtube. Then you will need to create a channel on youtube.
Both the “channel” and “account” are free of cost. Both allow you to watch videos, subscribe to channels, and like and save videos.
Additional Features for Youtube channel:
If you create a youtube channel, it will give you some extraordinary features;
- the capacity for video comments
- posting one’s videos
Delete Youtube Channel on Andriod:
Do you want to delete your youtube channel on Android ?? Yes, you can delete the youtube channel via the android app by following the steps below;
- First, open a youtube app on your Android device.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click your profile photo.
- Next, tap “Manage your Account.”
- On the next screen, select “Data and Privacy.”
- Move to the “Download and Delete” area.
- Once you have reached this section, click “Delete a google service.”
- The option to “Log in to your account” will now appear. Click this button.
- Next, you will be asked if you downloaded your data before deleting your youtube channel. If you want to back up your data, then select that option. But if you don’t want to download your data, then click the “Trash Can” icon in just place next to youtube,
- In the next step, the app will ask you to log in again.
- Next, you will see an option “I want to delete my content permanently.” When this option is selected, it will be split into two explanation parts, each with a check box next to them and explaining what this particular choice means. If you understand the explanations and still wish to deactivate your YouTube channel, mark both boxes after doing so.
- If you are ready to delete your youtube channel, select the “Delete my content button” in the blue box.
How to delete your youtube channel on a web browser:
If you want to delete your youtube channel from the web browser, follow the given instructions below;
- First, open the youtube channel that you want to delete.
- On the left side of the screen, you will see “settings.”
- Click “settings.”
- Move to the next screen, click “channel,” and choose the “Advanced setting tab.”
- go down until you can remove YouTube content under Advanced settings.
- You must log in to your account again and open a new tab.
- Select “I want to delete my content permanently.” With checkboxes beside each explanation part, this option is enlarged into two brief descriptions of what this choice means. After reading these explanations, check the boxes next to both if you still wish to remove your content.
- Now, if you want to delete your youtube channel, tap on the “delete my account” blue button.
How to delete your youtube channel on iOS:
Do you are an iPhone user and want to delete your youtube channel?? No worries, you can delete your account simply by following these steps;
- Open your youtube account on your iPhone.
- Select “Manage your Google account” from the box in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Go to the top menu and tap “data and personalization.”Go down, and you may see an option “delete a service” or your “account.”
- Here, you can choose whether to remove a particular service or an entire google account. If you want to delete your youtube channel, tap “Delete a google service.” Now you have asked to “Enter your password.”
- Now, click the “trash can” icon after inputting your password. This way, all of your youtube data will remove permanently.
How to temporarily hide your youtube channel:
Do you want to take a small break from your youtube channel?? Fortunately, youtube allows you to hide your youtube channel temporarily. In such a case, you can hide your public videos and playlist. However, it will not hide your entire channel, likes, and subscriptions. After hiding your youtube channel, you can easily reactivate it again.
Remember, it will delete all your comments, and you won’t be able to recover them again.
Hide your Youtube channel from the mobile:
Follow the given instructions to hide your youtube channel from mobile;
- Open youtube on your mobile and click the profile in the upper right.
- Now click “Manage your google account.”
- Open the “Data and privacy” section.
- Below download or delete data, select “Delete a google service.”
- Now enter your google password and select “Next.”
- You can see the “trash can” option on youtube.
- Now again, enter your google password and tap “Next.”
- Now tap “I want to hide my content.”
- Please check the boxes to indicate that you know what this process will accomplish.
- Now click “Hide my content.”
Hide the Youtube channel from the web:
Follow the given procedure to hide your youtube channel from the web;
- Move to the youtube website and click your profile in the upper right corner.
- Tap “Settings.”
- From the left-hand menu, select “Advanced settings.”
- Next, click “Delete Account.”
- Now enter your password and then click “Next.”
- Tap the option “I want to hide my content.”
- To prove you understand what this process will accomplish, select the appropriate boxes.
- Now select “Hide my content.”
Download your videos before deleting your Youtube channel:
Before deleting your YouTube channel, it is generally good to download all of your videos. You worked so hard to create your material. Therefore you don’t want to lose it in a few clicks.
Follow the given procedure to save your videos before deleting your youtube channel;
- Go to youtube studio and open your content.
- Choose those videos from the content which you want to download.
- You will choose the videos by tapping three vertical lines.
- Now, you will start downloading your videos individually.
Delete your linked Google Account:
Even if you deactivate your YouTube account, it will still exist, but it won’t include any data, content, or a record of your previous phase. However, the internet will continue to display your comments and other associated actions. Delete the Google account linked to your YouTube account to eliminate them.
Use the same procedures to delete your Google account. Choose the Delete Your Google Account option rather than the Delete Google Services option. The rest of the process is similar to removing a YouTube account.
How to Remove an Old YouTube Account Without a Password or Email:
To delete a youtube account, you need an email and password. But if you want to delete your old youtube account, you must have a legacy account.
If your youtube account had created before May 2009, then you have a legacy account. In such a case, you must link your youtube account with google before deleting it.
Now, if you have a legacy account, you will convert it into a google account first. Then follow the steps mentioned in the article to delete your old youtube channel.
Mistakes People Frequently Make When Deleting a YouTube Channel.
1. Become Puzzled by Hiding and Deleting:
Some people need to be aware of the difference between hiding and deleting a youtube channel. Most of the time, some content creators delete their youtube accounts. But in reality, they want a little break from their youtube life.
After the procedure, you are given clear decisions concerning whether to delete or hide. You’ll think more clearly if you carefully consider each aspect of the two alternatives.
2. Get rid of the channel to discover more:
Look for all the options to resolve the issue before deleting your youtube channel first; if you delete your account to achieve something more and end up with nothing. Then you will lose all the content that you make by working hard. All of your efforts have gone by just a few clicks.
3. Make a Simple Process Difficult:
Before deleting your youtube channel, look for a simple process. You can follow the above-listed steps to delete your youtube channel.
If you make your procedure complex, you will find something and save time and energy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What happens if your YouTube channel is deleted?
Answer: When you deactivate a YouTube channel, all of the playlists, posted videos, and other video content from that channel are also deleted by YouTube. Make sure you want to destroy your YouTube channel before taking any further action if it sounds too dramatic.
Can I delete a YouTube channel without removing the others if I have numerous channels?
Answer: You can remove one YouTube channel while keeping the others active. Make sure you are logged into the channel you wish to delete before you proceed.
It’sDeleting the wrong channel is difficult since it requires giving your login details and involves many steps. Unfortunately, you cannot access the incorrect channel once you delete it.
How are multiple YouTube channels deleted?
Answer: By deactivating your Google account, you can immediately remove any YouTube channel you have. However, this also means you lose all your files, pictures, calendars, and other data and information on the other Google services.
Why am I unable to remove my YouTube channel?
Answer: On iOS, how to delete your YouTube channel
- To access your Google Account, click the account symbol in the top-right corner of the Home Screen.
- At the top, click the Data and Personalization option.
- Select Delete a Service or Your Account on the following screen.
- Depending on your needs, there are various ways to remove a Google account.
- To deactivate your YouTube channel, delete a Google Service.
- You’ll see a prompt for a password.
- After inputting your password and selecting the trash can icon next to YouTube, you can remove all your data.
Can you temporarily deactivate a YouTube channel?
Answer: The “hidden” option is your best choice if you want to deactivate your YouTube channel temporarily. It keeps your playlists, videos, and other content intact but deletes your comments and responses.
Additionally, your account is kept in “secret” mode so nobody else can see your work.
Can You Request the Deletion of a Channel on YouTube?
Answer: You cannot ask YouTube to delete a whole channel in any way. However, still exists a possibility to complain about a video to YouTube, requesting that they remove it or, at the very least, inform the author that what they are doing is disrespectful to us or negatively affects us in some other way.
Whenever you realize that your youtube channel could be better, it means you cannot gain enough subscribers and views, and then you can easily delete your youtube channel. However, if you don’t want to delete your youtube channel permanently, you can take a break from it. You can temporarily leave your youtube channel just by hiding your channel.
In this guide, we have mentioned how to delete your youtube channel from your computer, Android and iOS. We have mentioned how to hide your youtube channel as well. You can even download your videos before deleting your youtube channel. Hope you find this article helpful.