There are many reasons to keep your telephone number private. When you need to give your phone number to a new business, this is a great way to protect your privacy. You do not want hackers to have access to your primary phone number if it is linked to your bank account. If you prefer to limit your primary phone number to friends and family, this is also a benefit.
In this post, we’ll show you how we created a virtual phone number based in the United States and used it to send and receive free calls and text messages from anywhere in the world without spending a penny. Users can obtain new phone numbers from a wide variety of countries through a number of other, both free and paid, websites and apps.
Let’s move forward with it!
- Getting A Free US Number
- Getting A Free US Number For Texting
- Getting A Free US Number For Whatsapp
- Getting A Free US Number For Verification
- Getting A Free US Number VIA Google Voice
Important Note: The number you’ll be provided through these applications must not be used to harass or spam others. There could be strict legal action against you in this case!
1. Getting A Free US Number:
A well-liked free messaging app called TextNow offers its users a Free Phone Number that can be used to make calls, send text messages, and verify online accounts. You can Sign up for TextNow by using your Email Address, Apple ID, Google Account, or Facebook Account. From Windows and Mac computers, TextNow can also be used to make calls and send text messages. Here’s how you can use this application to extract a free US number:
- Download the application from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open TextNow and select the option to Sign Up with Email once the app has been downloaded.
- To create a TextNow Account, enter your Email Address and any password.
- Select your phone number from the list and tap Continue on the subsequent screen. Enter the area code for any US city.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Always make a note of the number you select. Tap the 3-line menu icon and write down your free phone number if you didn’t already.
Talkatone is another popular application for this purpose. You will be able to select a local phone number for texts and calls with it. A Gmail account is all that is needed. Follow the steps below to learn more about how to use Talkatone:
- Install the Talkatone app by downloading it.
- Start the app.
- Enter your Gmail login information to join.
- An available number will be shown to you. Choose “Get Number.”
- Select “Choose a Different One” to view additional numbers.
2. Getting A Free US Number For Texting:
Numerous individuals are interested in obtaining a free U.S. phone number for texting. It’s possible that not everyone you text will always have easy access to your phone number. You can get a virtual phone number for these situations by using an app.
For this, the Textfree app is ideal. Out of the options they offer, you can pick a phone number that is closest to where you want to be. You will be able to send and receive text messages without disclosing your primary phone number once the app has been installed and you have created an account. Follow the steps below to learn how to use this app:
- Install the Textfree application.
- Open the application and tap on the sign-up button.
- When asked to grant the app access to your current location, select “Allow.”
- Click “Continue” after entering the area code you want to use.
- Press “Choose this Number” after selecting a phone number from the list.
- For your account, create a password by entering your email address.
- Simply select “Confirm Account.”
3. Getting A Free US Number For Whatsapp:
You must provide your phone number to use WhatsApp to send and receive text messages. This is unsettling to many people for privacy reasons. However, you can use WhatsApp without disclosing your primary phone number.
You can use a phone number that the Primo app will provide to get through the WhatsApp verification process. Follow the steps below to learn how to do this:
- Install either the Primo app for Android or the Primo app for iPhone.
- Start the app and get a free phone number. They will require your current U.S. phone number.
- Tap the menu in the upper-left corner once your Primo account has been verified.
- Make a note of the phone number that appears near the bottom of the screen.
- Install WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
- Install WhatsApp. Use the Primo number when you get to the verification stage.
- Use your secondary number instead.
- To receive a verification code, select “Call Me.”
- Primo will contact you. Keep a record of the verification number that you get from the call.
- Enter the Primo call number into WhatsApp when it asks for the verification code.
4. Getting A Free US Number For Verification:
Utilizing a bypass service known as Receive-SMS-Free. cc is one way to avoid providing your primary phone number in order to receive a verification code.
Check out the steps below to learn how to use their service:
- Navigate to Receive-SMS-Free. cc using a web browser.
- A list of available US phone numbers will be displayed to you.
- Select a telephone number.
- For the service that requires a phone number to send a verification code, use this number.
- On the Receive-SMS-Free. cc webpage, wait for 60 seconds before clicking “Update the latest SMS.”
- The text messages sent to this number, along with your verification code, will now be displayed on the page.
- Select the most recent message.
5. Getting A Free US Number VIA Google Voice:
You can get a U.S. phone number with Google Voice, a free service that you can use with your smartphone and web browser to make domestic calls. All you need is a US phone number and a Google account.
Here’s how you can do it from your computer:
- Go to Google Voice in a new window of your browser.
- To access your Google account, click the blue “Sign in” button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Enter an area code into the search box.
- A list of available phone numbers for that location will be provided to you.
- Tap the “Select” button on the right to select a number from the list.
- A screen with the number you selected will appear. Click “Verify.”
- Enter the phone number that Google Voice will use to forward your calls into the window.
- Click “Send code.”
- Tap “Verify” after entering the verification code.
- To finish the registration process, select “Finish” once more.
Here’s how you can do it from your smartphone:
- Install Google Voice for Android or iPhone by downloading and installing the app.
- When the app is launched, tap “Sign in” to access your Google account.
- Enter an area code by clicking on the “Search” button.
- Click “Select,” then “Next,” and select a phone number from the list that appears.
- Select “Send Code” after entering the phone number that Google Voice will use to forward your calls.
- To confirm, enter the verification code, press “Verify,” then “Claim.”
When you use your phone to make calls, you can use your new Google Voice number. Choose either “Yes” or “No.” To complete the sign-up process, select “Next.”
Sustaining the privacy of something like phone numbers and passwords is a priority for almost all individuals these days. It is not difficult to maintain your privacy when making calls or sending text messages thanks to the numerous apps that are available. Your primary number can be safeguarded by using a secondary or virtual phone number. Primo and Google Voice are examples of free apps that are compatible with Android and iPhone devices.
Scroll right to see how you can get a free US number for yourself via various applications!