Are you one of those who become frustrated by receiving many unnecessary calls?? The most annoying thing is that people conceal their phone numbers, which are no-caller id numbers. The people like marketers and real estate agents took advantage of unknowing individuals by persuading them to return their calls.
“No caller id” can be alarming to you because sometimes this call is made by scammers and hackers to access your personal information. After getting your personal information, these callers hide their iDs, so you cannot take any action against those hackers.
Fortunately, you can easily avoid these “No caller ids” by simply blocking them on your iPhone. You can block them from contacting your telecom company and request them to restrict calls from someone with “No Caller id.” If you don’t want to contact a telecom company, you can block these calls using your iPhone. This article is all about how to block no-caller IDs on iPhones. Let’s get started;
How to block no caller id on iOS 13 and Advance:
These are the three methods to block no caller id on iOS 13 and above;
Silence unknown callers
iOS 13 is released with a special “silence unknown callers” feature. Due to this special feature, anyone from an unknown caller is forwarded to voice mail. The call will be recorded in recent parts of your contact lists. You are notified if the caller sends a voicemail.
If you want to use the “silence unknown callers” feature on iPhone 10, 11, and 12, follow the instructions given below;
- Open your iPhone and go to the settings icon. Apple presents this icon as a tiny grey gear.
- Now open the menu and tap the setting button and select the option “Phone.”
- In the menu, you will find the “silence unknown callers” feature and drag the toggle towards the right to on this feature. When the toggle turns into green color, it means the feature is turned on.
2. Do not disturb
“Do not disturb” is another feature in an iPhone that
can block frustrating calls from scammers. Without any doubt, it is the simplest thing to do.
Follow the steps below to block the “No caller id” by using the “Do not disturb” feature;
- Pick up your iPhone and unlock it. Go to settings and click it.
- After clicking on the setting, you will find a menu. Scroll down the menu and select “Do not Disturb.”
- Select Allow calls from the menu and then click All contacts.
- Go back to the home screen by closing all the menus.
This method works because it restricts who can call you to those already on your phone contacts. You can miss other necessary calls from phone numbers other than those in your contact list because it blocks all other calls from getting through.
3. Create a new contact
The best way to block these messy calls is to make a new contact and save that contact by “Do Not Answer” or “No caller id.” This method works best in such a case when your iPhone doesn’t block secret or private numbers as iPhone is not able to identify them.
However, you can avoid this by making a contact that seems like a fake number. Follow the steps below to create a new contact;
- Go to contacts on your iPhone and click the + to create a new contact.
- After doing that, a small box appears in front of you where you will enter “No caller id” or “Do not Answer.”
- Next, enter “000-000-0000” for the new contact’s contact details.
- To save that contact, click “done” on the top right side of the screen.
- Then, navigate through the account of this recently added contact until you find the option to Block this Caller, and click it.
- Tap “Block contact” for confirmation of the task.
By doing all the steps mentioned earlier, you have prepared your iPhone to recognize any secret or private contact number as a disabled number and stop your phone from ringing if you get a call from an unidentified number.
How to block No caller id on iOs 12 or older:
The older models of the iPhone don’t support the recent iOS systems. Unfortunately, a feature like “silence unknown caller” is unavailable on older models. So how can one block no caller id without having this feature on iPhone?? Don’t worry you can still secure yourself from these spammy calls. Follow the steps below to block No caller id without having to silence an unknown caller on your iPhone;
- Open the contact on your iPhone and click + to make a new contact.
- Enter “No Caller ID” under the name in the new contact’s account.
- Next, you will find a number bar. Put 000-000-0000 as the phone number in that number bar.
- Now click “done” to save the contact.
- Go to the saved contact profile to block this caller and click it.
- Next, select the Block contact.
Activate Do not disturb Mode:
There is another way to block a no-caller id when you have an old ios system. You can protect yourself from scammer calls by activating the Do not disturb Mode.
To turn on “Do Not Disturb,” follow the steps below.
- Move to the setting in your phone and tap the settings.
- Look for the Do not disturb option in settings and place the toggle towards the right to activate this Mode. When the toggle changes its color to green, it becomes activated, and you can see a moon icon in the status bar.
- Next, click all contacts and choose allows call option. On the right, a tiny check should show up.
- Finally, return to your homepage.
How to permanently block someone using contacts:
Sometimes you get sick of repeated calls from a company or someone else. You want to block such types of contacts permanently. So here’s the way to block that contact permanently from your iPhone.
Follow the instructions given below;
- Open the Recents tab of the Phone app.
- Search for the contact number you want to block and select the icon to the right.
- Choose “Block this Caller” from the list of options.
- To confirm, choose “Block contact” from the menu.
Utilize call filtering services from Carrier:
The Carrier offers a DND-like service, another best option to avoid “No Caller id” on your iPhone. If you want to use this service, you must be connected to google or contact the network provider. It happens because every company has a unique process.
So this method works best to eliminate such a frustrating call on your iPhone. But the service providers do not provide this service globally. So if you want to avail yourself of this offer, check the current status of the service before using it.
Use Call Blocking App:
You might feel happy knowing you can block the “No caller id” by simply using an app. In such a case, thanks to apps like Truecaller, spam blocking, Trap call, Robo shield, and many other apps can become a barrier against these spammy calls.
Follow the steps given below for blocking no caller id by using an app:
- In your iPhone, go to settings.
- In the settings, you will see the option “phone.”
- Click phone, where you find call blocking and identification.
- Activate the app by toggling the switch there.
How to Block No Caller ID with Verizon Service on an iPhone:
You can enroll in Verizon’s call filter if you join that company for your mobile service. Verizon provides several services with this app, like spam prevention and robocalls control. Verizon provides a free call filter to their clients.
The paid version, Call Filter Plus, is available for $2.99 a month if you’d want a more robust option.
Block No Caller ID on an iPhone with T-Mobile Service:
Scam shield is a filtering program offered by T-mobile to defend against robocalls, spam, and unsolicited calls. If you want to use this app, download it from the App store and Google play store.
The more powerful version, Scam Shield Premium, is available for a monthly price if you prefer it.
Block No Caller ID on an iPhone with AT&T Service:
Another service called AT and T provides an app to secure you from irrelevant and messy phone calls. All AT and T customers having iPhone 6 with HD voice iOS can download this app. They will provide a free, more basic, and premium package. The premium version costs about a $3.99 monthly subscription. Both settings provide Unknown Call Blocking and Nuisance Call Alerts.
How to block No Caller id on iPhone in Australia:
If you are an Australian resident and use iOS 13 or above, you can easily access the “silence unknown callers” feature. If you want to activate this application follow the steps below:
- Go to setting in your iPhone.
- Click the phone option in your setting.
- Go down and find “unknown silence callers.”
- Move the toggle towards the right to turn on this setting.
- When the toggles change their color to green app will be activated.
It’s crucial to remember that this function will only work with unidentified numbers. Your iPhone will not list a specific number as being “unknown” if you have previously communicated with it but have not added it to your contacts.
Installing third-party software is another option to avoid calls from callers who use masked numbers.
Block No Caller ID using ‘Focus Mode’ on iOS 15
The Focus Mode is one of the best methods to block a caller id when you are engaged in important tasks like in-office meetings, studying, or traveling. All you need to do is turn on the focus mode on your iPhone.
The step below helps you to on the focus mode in your iPhone;
- Search for the setting app on your iPhone
- In settings, you will find a “focus” option.
- By clicking the focus, select “add people” and tap “Calls From.”
- Add all your contacts there.
- Click the “Save” tab to enter focus mode.
Once you have done this process, you will only receive calls from the numbers you add to your list. At the same time, other unknown numbers will be muted.
Method to hide your caller id on iPhone:
If you want to hide your caller id on your iPhone, follow the instructions given below;
- Firstly, go to the settings on your iPhone.
- Go down and click the phone option.
- After clicking phone, you can see the option “show my caller id.”
- When new page loads, turn off the toggle for “Show My Caller ID.”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How to silence No Caller ID on iPhone?
Answer: Go to your “Settings App” and select “Phone.”
Tap the “Silence Unknown Callers” option after scrolling down.
Turn on the slider switch next to the “Silence Unknown Callers” option.
- How to block No Caller ID calls on iPhone 12/12 Pro/12 Max?
Answer: If you have an iPhone 12 or later model, iOS offers you the incredible ‘Do Not Disturb’ feature, which allows you to block all callers with no caller ID. To do this:
- Open the “Settings App.”
- Press “Do Not Disturb,”
- then select “Allow Calls From,”
- Lastly, select “All Contacts.”
- How do I block an unknown caller’s ID on Verizon?
Answer: You must first sign in to your My Verizon account and go to Accounting Manager Called “Calling Features” Block incoming calls > Activate Incoming Call Block > Reject All Anonymous Calls.
- How do I permanently block the No caller ID on my iPhone?
Answer: Follow these steps if you want to block No caller ID permanently;
- Access your iPhone’s “Contacts App.”
- 2. Next, click the plus sign (+) that is located in the top right corner.
- Then, enter “No Caller ID” in the name field box and “000-000-0000” in the phone number field before selecting “Done.”
- Continue scrolling down and select the “Block this caller” option.
Your screen will flash a pop-up; to confirm it, click on “Block Contact.”
In the above blog post, we have mentioned multiple methods to avoid A caller id on your iPhone. You can pick any of them according to your needs and choice if you want to ignore these messy calls.