Do you want to terminate your Kindle Unlimited subscription?? If so then you can do it so easily. First, visit the “Manage my membership” section of the Amazon website. Here You’ll access your existing plan and payment preferences, as well as the choice to cancel. All these improvements may only be done online, not through any Amazon app.
Although your account will be terminated, you will still have access to your loaned titles till your subscription ends. Your subscription will end on the day you were expected to be charged. Your borrowed books will be restored to your library, and your billing will be terminated.
This blog post helps you to know how to cancel kindle unlimited. Have a look at it;
How To Cancel Kindle Unlimited
- Sign in to your Amazon account on a PC or Mac using your preferred browser.
- Access the main Amazon page by clicking on the three bars in the top left corner.
- From the “Shop by Category” option choose “Kindle E-book Readers”
- Tap “Kindle Unlimited” first from the “Kindle Store” drop-down menu.
- Mostly on Kindle Unlimited page, choose “Manage your subscription” below the rotating adverts.
- This will take you to your Kindle Unlimited account information. You will be capable of seeing your monthly subscription plan, loaned goods, and payment details. Choose “Cancel Kindle Unlimited Membership” in the payment options section on the left side.
- On the right side of the page, Amazon will determine whether or not you wish to discontinue your subscription. You would be able to examine your borrowed titles, which you will have access to until the end of your subscription. To finish, use the yellow “Continue to cancel” button.
How To Discover If Your Subscription Has Been Cancelled
It is not a big deal to check whether your subscription cancels or not. The cancellation will be verified after the procedure, ensuring that you did everything properly.
However, if you need to be assured, there are various alternative ways to determine whether or not your membership has been terminated.
1. Examine the Registered Email
If you have an Amazon kindle membership then they will always update you about the changes that happen in your account like orders, subscriptions, and others. So, if you need to confirm that you properly deleted your account, check out your registered email address. Amazon must send you a confirmation email.
You will also notice the date the subscription will be terminated in the email, as well as a “Continue Membership” button in case you choose to renew your membership at any time.
2. Examine the Kindle Unlimited Account Page
To confirm the validity of your subscription, you need to follow the procedures outlined above for visiting the account page. Visit your account page and look for the expiry date for the subscription. It will inform you that you have already terminated the subscription.
The Amazon Kindle Unlimited account will provide you with a membership summary, and a verified “End Date” will appear. Moreover, if the account has already been terminated, specifically if the End date has expired, the account page will inform you that no Amazon Kindle Unlimited account occurs.
3. How to Renew Your Amazon Kindle Unlimited Subscription
If you need to reactivate or renew your Amazon Kindle Unlimited membership, simply select the renewal link in the confirmation code or go to your account settings.
However, if the expiration date has already passed, you should simply repeat the procedures you took once you initially signed up for the subscription.
- In the first step, you need to sign in to your account on Amazon.
- Visit the Kindle Unlimited sign-up page.
- Select your desired choice. You can choose between a monthly subscription for $9.99 and a 6-month offer. The former is frequently offered at a discount, but the total cost may be approximately $50.
Many premium account digital services do not allow consumers to cancel their membership while keeping their current account active. Therefore, when you quit your Kindle Unlimited membership, you also cancel your account.
You should also use a different email address. Fortunately, Kindle is different, and if you wish to access the service again, you will simply need to subscribe to Kindle. The best thing is that upgrading your membership will recover all of your notes and bookmarks.
What’s the Distinction Between Amazon Kindle Unlimited and Prime Reading?
A Kindle Unlimited membership is not provided with an Amazon Prime membership. However, it operates as a separate service with a substantially larger collection of titles than Prime Reading.
The monthly fee for Kindle Unlimited is $9.99 and can be discontinued at any time. For new customers, the first month of service is free. The first two months, however, cost $4.99 each. Following that, the plan automatically renews and enables customers access to the Kindle Unlimited library for the duration of their subscription.
In comparison, the Prime Reading collection comprises around 3,000 volumes. The product does not stand by itself as a subscription service, however, it would be a welcome addition to the other features of an Amazon Prime membership.
How Can You Renew Your Kindle Payment Card?
If the payment method is outdated or the card has expired, payment complications will develop while making a purchase. You must update your payment method if you are notified of incomplete purchases or refused payments.
Here’s a quick instruction for changing your payment method on your Kindle.
- Log in to your Amazon account by visiting the website.
- From the start of the screen, choose Accounts & Lists.
- Select Payment Options.
- To view your stored credit and debit cards, go there to Manage Payment Methods.
- Tap on the appropriate card and then select Edit from the enlarged menu.
- Change the appropriate fields, such as Name on the card and Expiry date
- Press the Save button.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I keep the downloaded books?
Answer: No, you will not be able to preserve your books just after termination. If you want to terminate your membership while still having to finish a book, you should look at the renewal date.
2. Is it possible to cancel my membership at any time?
Answer: You may cancel your membership at any moment. However, you should be mindful that you will not be repaid. Since you have already paid for the following month, your membership will be canceled only after the billing cycle if you unsubscribe. However, you will not be charged on the renewal date.
3. Is it possible to get a subscription refund from Amazon?
Answer: People are hardly ever given refunds, and the policy only provides returns in extreme situations. However, if you bought a membership with a renewal date of 30 days or longer, you could unsubscribe within the first 7 days and get a refund.
4. If I discontinue my Kindle Unlimited subscription, will I lose access to my KU books?
Answer: Yes, you may probably lose access to your Kindle Unlimited books. As previously stated, when you still have a few days, weeks, or months until your next paying date, you will not lose access instantly. However, after that billing date is reached, you will no longer be allowed to read the Kindle Unlimited books that you have previously borrowed, nor will you be able to borrow new Kindle Unlimited books for free.
Following this post, you may terminate your kindle unlimited membership by performing the procedures outlined earlier. However, before taking a decision, you should examine the company’s return policy because, in some situations, the customer was not given a refund.