How To Change Your Username In Fortnite?
Are you looking for a detailed guide on how to change your username for Fortnite? Do you want to know all the steps that you are required to follow when changing your username? Are you looking for a method of changing your username on a PS4 or on an Xbox?
Are you looking for information on how you can change your username on a Nintendo switch? Or do you want to know how you can change your username on different platforms for research purposes?
If yes, then you came to the right place as we will be providing you with complete and detailed steps on how to change your username on different platforms, separately. Many people know about Fortnite these days, and it’s because of how big it’s gotten in the past few years, it doesn’t matter if the person is interested in gaming or not, if that person is up-to-date with what’s been happening over the past few years, then they will know about Fortnite, or at least they will have heard its name.
Fortnite is a free-to-play battle royale game that is popular among people of all ages, but mostly it’s popular among kids and teenagers who love to play games and progress further while trying to beat their friends. Because of its enormous popularity, many people try Fortnite just to see what all the fuss is about, they try it to see if it lives up to the hype that it has generated throughout the years or does not, and so they make an account, input the username of their choice.
Then they start playing it without expecting too much from the game, but they get hooked up to it and then they often regret the username that they input while creating their account for the game, while there is always another kind of people, who just want to change their username because they think it’s boring, many people choose to type in trendy usernames, but they want to change it as soon as the trend dies.
When people set their names, they don’t think that they will ever feel the need to change it again, which is why many people think about their username while setting up their profile, and on the other hand, there are other people that don’t think about anything while typing in a silly username and then they want to change it soon after they set up their profile.
Keep in mind that you will not be able to change your username for the next two weeks once you set up your username, so make sure that you think about what you’re typing in as your display name as it will be displayed to everyone in the game, but it’s also important to not care about your username too much as many people won’t even view your username once when you kill them or get killed by them in-game, and your friends might also not care about what username you chose for yourself unless it’s anything too strange and weird.
This is why we will be showing you how you can change usernames for Fortnite and we will provide you with all the steps that you need, with details for your convenience.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
How To Change Your Username On Android Devices?
If you’re using your mobile device to play Fortnite, then changing the username is an easy task for you, you might have already noticed this while downloading the game, but Fortnite relies on epic games to be their official website, and you can’t download the game from any other way when it comes to being genuine and secure, so you will have to change your username from the epic games account.
If you want to change your username on an Android device then follow the steps given below for your convenience:
- Open your mobile phone’s web browser and visit Fortnite’s website.
- If you have not signed in to your account there, you should do it now, by tapping on the icon of your desired sign-in method.
- Then you will have to enter your username and password, and when you’re done you will have to tap on the “login now” button to finalize the process.
- Once you have signed in, you will be taken right to the home page of the epic games store, then tap on the three lines icon given at the top right of your screen, and then tap once on your username.
- You will see that a menu will appear in front of you, tap on “Account” from that menu.
- Scroll down and navigate till you find the option that says, “account settings” and you will see your display name grayed out, tap on the edit button from there, it is the blue pencil button.
- Type in your desired username and enter it again in the confirm name display text box, which is basically to make sure that you don’t make a mistake while changing your username for Fortnite.
- Your display name has now been successfully changed and you can navigate out of your account settings and you can continue playing now.
How To Change Your Username In Fortnite, On An iPhone?
The process and method of changing your name of Fortnite does not differ with the brand of your choice, however, we will still be providing you with the steps required to change your username on your iPhone, you can follow the steps given below to change your username,
- Open safari and visit Fortnite’s official website, then log in to your account on the website.
- Now, tap on the three lines icon given at the top right corner of the home page of epic games.
- Next, tap on the username of your account and you will see that a menu of different options appears in front of you.
- Tap on the option that says, “account settings”.
- Now you will see that your account username is present there and you can tap on the edit icon, which is the blue pencil given at the right of your username, to edit your username and change it.
- You should know that you won’t be able to change your username again for the next 14 days or so. Make sure you don’t make a mistake while typing in your username.
- Type in the username of your choice and type it again in the second space which has been given there to provide assurance that you don’t make a mistake while typing in the username of your choice as you won’t be able to change it again for a relatively long period of time.
- Now you can simply tap on confirm and you will have successfully completed the task, now you can navigate out of your account settings and continue playing the game.
How To Change Your Username On Fortnite, On An Xbox One?
For console users, the process will be a little different and they won’t be able to use the process given above to change their username, as their display names are not used through their epic games account, instead the username of their Fortnite account is dependent on their console service providers.
This basically means that your Fortnite username is tied to your Xbox gamer tag, however, you should know that the Xbox gamer tag is also used for all your other games, so if you change your gamer tag on Xbox, it will change your username for all games that you play, if you still want to continue to change your Xbox gamer tag, then follow the steps given below for your convenience,
- Press and hold down the Xbox button on your controller.
- Now, navigate to profile and system, and choose your existing Gamertag.
- Then, choose my profile.
- Choose to customize your profile.
- Under the option that says, choose new Gamertag, type in the new Gamertag of your choice, you can also choose a Gamertag from the different alternative suggestions given to you by Microsoft, you can choose to view more suggestions if you wish to view more suggestions and choose a Gamertag from them instead of the ones that are already present.
- If you don’t choose a Gamertag from the suggestions and you have typed in your Gamertag, you can choose to select check availability to see if the Gamertag has already been taken or not, if it has been taken, you can edit the same username or you can choose another one, and try to make it unique, and if it’s not being used by anyone else, you can confirm your selection.
- That’s it! You’re done, you can now navigate out of your settings and you can continue to play with your brand-new username.
How To Change Your Username On a PS4?
Similar to Xbox, the PS4 relies on its PSN name to be shown as the display name for all games, so if you want to change your username in Fortnite, you will have to change your PSN name and remember it’s the same as Xbox and your username will be changed for all of your games if you follow the steps given below, if you have acknowledged this and still want to continue, then you can follow the steps given down below for your convenience,
- Go to the homepage of your PS4 and navigate to settings.
- Choose account management from the options that appear.
- Select account information.
- Scroll down and then select a profile.
- Choose an online ID.
- Next, a window will appear in front of you, choose I accept from there.
- You will be able to enter your new online ID there, you will also be able to choose one of the suggestions, which will be given to you on the right, and if you want to view more suggestions for you to choose from, you can select the refresh button which has been given there to help you with more suggestions.
- Once you have typed in your new online ID, click on confirm, and if the ID isn’t available for use, you will need to type in a new username, and keep on typing in or editing your username until you find the one that is available for you to use.
- That’s it you’re done, now you can keep on playing Fortnite while having the newly changed username of your choice.
How To Change Your Username For Fortnite On Windows And Mac?
Changing the display name on a PC or a Mac is quite similar to changing it on your mobile phone, as your PC depends on your epic games account and uses its username to display while you play the game, you can follow the steps given below to change your username,
- Visit the epic games, official website from any browser of your choice and log in to your epic games account if not already logged in.
- You will be able to see your username present on the upper right corner of your screen, simply hover your mouse over your username.
- Next, tap on “account” from the menu that appears.
- On the generals tap, you will be able to find your display name, under account info.
- Click on the edit button given beside it, and a window will appear in Infront of you.
- Enter your new username and click on confirm.
- Your display name has now been successfully changed and you can continue to play that game after you close the website as you no longer require it.
How To Change Your Username On a Nintendo Switch?
However, changing your username on a Nintendo switch might seem different and difficult as it’s a handheld gaming console neither from Microsoft nor from Sony, however, it’s not that difficult rather it’s quite simple as the Nintendo Switch also uses your epic games account to display your username, so you will have to change your username from your epic games account and we have already discussed the process in detailed steps, above.
We have given you complete details on different types of consoles and different OS’s methods of changing your username for Fortnite, we hope that you got the information that you were looking for and we wish you the best of luck.