Once you are ready to leave Binance, it’s important to know the difference between deleting and deactivating your account. Choosing the appropriate course of action will be much helped with your understanding of the difference. Here are several variations between deactivating and deleting your Binance account.
Since deletion is a final action, neither your account nor any of its contents will be accessible to you again. However, you can instantly pause any relevant activity with your account by temporarily deactivating it. Whenever your account is disabled, you may always restore it by signing in again. Two hours are required as the bare minimum for deactivation.
The “delete this account” button will not appear unless you’ve taken your money out, especially if it exceeds 0.001 BTC. If you simply want to deactivate your account temporarily, the situation is different. This blog post is all about how to delete your Binance account. So let’s dive in it;
How to Remove Your Account from Binance
Go to your security settings and select “Disable account” for deleting your Binance account.
Then tap “Confirm to remove” after selecting “Delete this account” and confirming your email address or phone number.
Your Binance account will be terminated once you have chosen the “Confirm to remove” button.
You still have money or cryptocurrencies on your account if your account does not offer the “Delete this account” button.
Confirm that there are no longer any funds or cryptocurrencies in your Binance account before deleting it.
The request to delete your account will be rejected if your account does not possess less than or equal to 0.001 BTC.
How to delete your Binance account is as follows:
1. To access your profile, sign in and click it.
- You must first visit the Binance website.
- Visit https://www.binance.com if you are using Binance.
- But if you are using Binance US visit https://www.binance.us/.
- Visit the proper Binance domain name for those other nations (e.g. Binance. sg).
- You must log into your account once you are on the website.
- Click “Log In” after choosing the menu icon in the top navigation bar to access your account.
- Next, input your login information and log in by clicking the “Log In” button.
- Select the profile symbol in the top navigation bar after logging into your account.
2. Tap on “Security”
- A menu will appear when you have tapped on the profile icon on the top navigation bar.
- You can find your email address on the sidebar.
- Additional tabs include “Security,” “Identification,” “API Management,” and others.
- You must enter your security settings to locate the page where you may deactivate or cancel your Binance account.
- To access your security settings, select “Security.”
3. Tap on “Disabled Account”
- You will arrive at the security page after clicking “Security.”
- Next, You’ll find a checklist to upgrade your account security on the security page.
- You may choose from a variety of choices on the screen, including Device Management, Login Password, and 2FA (2-factor authentication).
- Navigate down to the bottom of the screen and look for the ” Account Activity” option.
- You can view your most recent login activity by selecting the “Account Activity” option.
- A highlighted “Disable account” link will also be accessible.
- To access the webpage where you can either temporarily or permanently disable your Binance account, choose “Disable account.”
4. Tap on “Delete this account.”
There are two choices available to you once you select “Disable account.”
Your Binance account might be disabled as a first step.
You can deactivate your account if you see any unacceptable behavior there.
Your account will only be temporarily disabled; after two hours, you can restore it.
Your Binance account might be deleted as a second choice.
Your account will be permanently removed, and this action cannot be restored.
Select “Remove this account” to get to the webpage where you may delete your Binance account.
5. You may also enter your email or phone number.
The screen marked “Delete Account Application” will display once you click the “Delete this account” button. There are two tabs on the website marked “Email” and “Mobile.”
Choose the “Email” tab if you want to utilize the email address associated with your account.
Choose the “mobile” tab rather than you prefer to utilize the phone that is connected to your account.
Enter the email address associated with your Binance account if you’ve chosen the “Email” option.
6. Select “Confirm to remove”
Navigate to the bottom of the page after providing the email address or phone number connected to your account.
Next, you’ll notice a button that says “Confirm to delete” at the bottom of the page.
To request Binance to deactivate your account, choose “Confirm to delete.”
Following your selection of “Confirm to remove,” Binance will review your request and the actual amount of your items.
Your account has to possess 0.001 BTC or less for your deletion request to be approved.
Scroll to the bottom of the page after entering the email address or phone number connected to your account.
In some situations, you can be asked to submit specific papers, which might make the review process take more time.
Make sure not to spend anything on your deleted account since you risk losing it.
Furthermore, you cannot expect to get those things back.
Now you’ve completed the process of deleting your Binance account.
Why Can’t I Remove My Binance Account?
Some Binance users may realize that they can only temporally disable their accounts rather than completely deleting them. According to your country’s rules and regulations, this might differ depending on where you are. Try getting in touch with Binance’s support staff if you are unable to remove your account.
In some cases, the exchange’s terms and conditions prevent the firm from deleting accounts. In these situations, based on the support staff, deactivating an account will still offer the same security and de-identification advantages as deleting an account. When an account is deactivated, Binance claims that “no one will be able to utilize your documents, email address, or phone number,” essentially offering a solution for account deletion.
Ensure that you withdraw your money before deleting or deactivating your Binance account
Withdrawing all money and crypto assets linked with your Binance account out of the exchange before deleting or deactivating it is a wise decision. Withdrawing money is an easy and uncomplicated process. You might still transfer money to that account if you have an account with another exchange.
Alternatively, you may send cryptocurrency from Binance to any private wallet you could own. Converting all of your cryptocurrency into a single property, such as a virtual currency, and executing the withdrawal in a single transaction will make the process easier.
How to Transfer Your Cryptocurrency From Binance Before Deleting Your Account
Withdrawing all of your account’s money should be your first step if you’ve finally chosen to deactivate your Binance account.
To accomplish it, adhere to the instructions listed below:
- Add a new tab to your internet browser.
- Check Binance’s official website.
- From the list, select Sign-in by tapping on it.
- Enter your login information. Once you’ve successfully logged in, your account will be visible.
- Tap the Funds option when it shows your account. It is required to allow “Deposit changing interests and Withdrawals.”
- You must choose the types of cryptocurrencies you want to exchange here.
- Select the cryptocurrency you want to withdraw, then touch the button. Tap the Submit button after entering the tag information, address information, and total cost.
- Binance will respond to you via the email address you’ve connected with once this process has been completed. The document will include the heading “Withdrawal Request confirmation.” Before continuing, double-check the email’s details.
- The withdrawal procedure can now continue when you have verified all the information. You will have the opportunity to check the status while the process is being completed by Binance.
You don’t need to delete your Binance account. But if you view any non-acceptable activity on your Binance account then you can disable it instead of deleting it. Since disabling your Binance account is a temporary process and you can easily recover in net 2 hours. But once you have deleted your account it is impossible to recover it.