The advantages of going live on TikTok are the same as those of any other social media platform: This is your chance to interact in real-time with your audience. Live content can help you connect with your audience on a deeper level because it gives them a more spontaneous and immersive experience!
Going live on TikTok can help you grow your audience and increase engagement. Gift points can even help you make money in the process. Viewers can interact with you and ask questions while you’re live on TikTok. Live broadcasting lends itself to spontaneity and authenticity.
However, being able to go live on TikTok is not a feature that is accessible to all creators; in order to use the feature, you will need to satisfy a number of prerequisites.
How to go live on the platform and how to make a successful Livestream are all here! Scroll down to find the requirements and FAQs related to TikTok live!
- What are TikTok Lives?
- What are The Requirements For TikTok Live?
- TikTok Live: Key Features
- How To Go Live On TikTok
- How To Join Someone Else’s Livestream
- How To Start TikTok Live Without Having 1000 Followers
- Additional Tips Before Going Live On TikTok
1. What are TikTok Lives?
The TikTok app lets users watch live broadcasts in real-time. They are typically brief and informal. Brands, nonetheless, frequently make more organized Lives, on account of a cooking show, exercise instructional exercise, or item instructional exercises.
TikTok live, like Instagram Live and Facebook Live videos, has quickly become a popular method of communication. Brands can increase engagement, educate their target audience, and build trust.
2. Requirements To Go Live On TikTok
Here are some of the requirements that you need to fulfill before you Go for TikTok live:
- Follower requirement- This Live feature is available only to accounts with more than 1,000 followers on Tiktok. People who have fewer followers can try, but it might not work.
- Age Limit- According to the platform’s community guidelines, creators must be at least 16 years old for legal reasons and can only earn money if they are 18 or older.
3. TikTok Live: Key Features
TikTok recently added some additional features with respect to the Live feature. Here are some of them:
- Go Live with others- People can go live with other account holders simultaneously, capturing more audience and entertaining moments.
- Live Event notification- Live events like concerts can be promoted, scheduled, and managed by hosts. Fans will be notified before the event so they don’t miss out on the action.
- Keyboard filters- Host and the individual dealing with their event – can forestall or restrict harassing and disdainful remarks with up to 200 terms in the watchword channel. Along these lines, everybody can feel more open during life and forestall potential hate speech.
- Q&As- During the event, a specialized set of tools enables creators to effortlessly select, respond to, or display questions.
- Gift points- What do hosts get out of it? Those over the age of 18 can participate in LIVE gifts or Diamonds, which viewers can exchange for cash in their PayPal or bank account.
4. How To Go Live On TikTok
- Open your TikTok application and log in to your account if haven’t already.
- Tap on the “+” from the bottom center of your screen.
- Tap the Live option present right next to the recording button.
- Enter the title of your live stream and then select the “Go live” button.
NOTE: To end your live stream, simply tap the power button at the bottom of the menu screen after you’ve finished your Live event. A Livestream will disappear as soon as you finish it, so enjoy it while you can, as opposed to a pre-recorded video that requires you to create, edit, and post to your TikTok feed later.
5. How To Join Someone Else’s Livestream
To join someone else’s live stream you will first have to send a request. Here’s how you can do that:
- To start with, find the live you need to join, click on it, then, at that point, go to the remarks segment.
- A button with two smiling faces can be found here in the comments section. To request to join the broadcast, tap this.
- Your screen will split in two once your request is accepted. You have now successfully joined the live broadcast!
6. How To Start TikTok Live Without Having 1000 Followers
There was a workaround to go live even without 1,000 fans, according to some rumors. We had to give it a shot even though we don’t recommend any hacks that aren’t approved by TikTok.
The alleged workaround consisted primarily of creating a support ticket (also known as, a lie) asking the customer service representative to “reinstate” this privilege and claiming that you used to have LIVE access.
Well this hack did not work for many but you could give it a shot by following the proceeding steps:
Go to your profile and click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner to file this report. Then go to Settings and Privacy, scroll down to Report a problem under Popular, select “I can’t start a live,” then select “No,” and then complete a report stating that you were able to start a live broadcast in the past but no longer can. Submit your report and wait for a response from a representative!
7. Additional Tips Before Going Live On TikTok
Here are some advisory tips from us for you before you go live from your TikTok!
- Establish your space-Make sure your filming surface is stable and has good lighting. A ring light, for instance, will give your Livestream a more polished appearance.
- Maintain the audio quality-Your audience won’t be distracted by background noise if there is any at all.
- Plan it according to ideal time- Try to time your Livestream so that it coincides with the times when your audience is most likely to be using the app. This will help you get as many views as possible.
- Pay attention to the length- TikTok suggests scheduling a 30-minute time slot.
- Be prepared- Make a list of what you’ll do during the Livestream so there won’t be long stretches of silence. Have a general idea of how the video will look from beginning to end in an outline. (Tip: Avoid using a formal script because it defeats the purpose of naturally connecting with viewers.)
- Reach more people- Before going live, post a TikTok video to increase your chances of getting new viewers.
- Verify your WiFi- Before you go, double-check that you have a reliable internet connection.
- Engage with your target audience- This is very important! As best you can, read the comments and respond to them.
- Camera angle- Choose an appropriate camera angle and record in a room with a solid and clean background. Choose a camera angle that looks good after placing your device on a stable surface like a table. Keep in mind that TikTok’s software is made to focus vertically.
- Ask a friend for assistance- If at all possible, use moderators to filter out and block trolls.
- Eliminate background noise- Avoid live streaming during construction or other loud background noises as much as possible to reduce distractions. Think about a receiver with commotion detachment or moving to a calmer region.
Check out how Facebook Live, Instagram Reels, and other platforms differ in terms of engagement best practices. Learn more about what works on each platform and keep tweaking your content to make it work better for each.
Livestreaming may be your best option for busting industry myths, demonstrating a sense of humor, going behind the scenes, collaborating with influencers, or making use of trending sound clips that resonate with your target audience because the TikTok platform tends to showcase content that is more personable.
A TikTok LIVE Event can be used to promote your stream if you are a Creator. TikTok’s LIVE Events feature lets creators tell their followers ahead of time when they’ll be going live. Your event can be registered for, and attendees will be notified in advance. TikTok now even lets you run paid promotions. Yes! That’s right! You can now earn from TikTok as well.
Scroll right up to find out how you can start Live streaming from your account to increase audience engagement for entertainment and more paid promotions!