Have you ever seen Snapchat’s “half swipe,” a secret feature? This function allows you to view or read a message from a friend without informing him.
What is Snapchat’s Half Swipe feature?
Users of Snapchat may read a message without completely launching the app by doing a “half swipe,” or scrolling slightly to the right. To display the message, users must first touch the Bitmoji symbol in their chat window, then conduct a half swipe while still keeping down the Bitmoji icon. The art of “Half Swiping” on Snapchat involves discreetly viewing Snaps without notifying the sender.
Steps to Half Swipe on Snapchat:
It is indeed important to note that Snapchat has not yet defined this half-swipe technique, so it would be unclear if this is an official feature or a problem that will be fixed in a future software update. In any case, it is working perfectly right now.
Several users have queries concerning the half-swipe approach, the procedure, and how it might be used. As a result, the procedure is quite simple, and because it is not an authorized operation, you might not be able to find much information about it on the web or official platforms. We have included detailed instructions for half-swiping on Snapchat below:
- Inside the Snapchat app, click the Chat icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose a chat with a newly unread message that you need to examine. This strategy works in chats with both unread and completely read messages, but it is effectively useless in chats without unread messages because there is no purpose to be hidden about that as well.
- Drag the person’s profile to the right by touching it on the left side of the screen. You ought to notice the text page move in from the left as you drag the photo. If you drag any other portion of the chat, you will be sent to the Mapping page.
- Keep moving to the right much further as you want to read the message. However, if you drag it all the time to the right and then release it, you will swipe to the Message screen, and the message will be labeled as read. Therefore, move it to the right part, go through the message, and drag it back to the left to resume the Chat page.
Was the Half Swipe Removed by Snapchat?
Numerous people assume that the latest software update eliminated the half-wiping feature, however, this is not accurate.
Many iPhone owners took to Twitter to share their disappointment with the latest update, claiming that this feature had been eliminated.
Half swipe is popular because it allows users extra time to react to messages without actually opening them.
The partial swipe can still be employed but with a new method.
To display the Bitmoji in the chat box, scroll halfway to show the message while keeping the Bitmoji.
Alternatives to Half Swipe on Snapchat:
Here are some alternative methods to half-swipe on Snapchat:
1. Install an old version.
If you are an Android user, you may easily access the pre-update Snapchat application version. Follow the directions below to obtain the APK file:
- In the first step visit APKMirror.com and look for “Snapchat” in the search field of the window.
- Then, choose any pre-June Snapchat version.
- Now, tap the ‘Download’ option to copy the APK to your phone.
- Next, before downloading the previous Snapchat version, eliminate the current Snapchat version from your smartphone.
- Once you have completed the uninstallation, you can install the APK you got from APKMirror.
- Following installation, you should ensure that the software does not update automatically as it normally does. To keep Snapchat from auto-updating, follow the instructions below.
- When you arrive at the Snapchat Play Store page, select the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Uncheck the option beside each ‘Enable auto-update.’
- The Snapchat app on your device cannot be updated automatically to a newer version.
- After using this way, perform a Half Swipe as usual.
2. Make use of Airplane mode
You can perform a half-swipe on Snapchat even when in Airplane mode. Take the following steps:
- Firstly, access Snapchat on your device and navigate to the ‘Chat’ section.
- Now, select the chat that you need to half-swipe.
- Then, from the top of the window, drag down the Quick Settings box. If you have an iPhone, drag down the fast settings menu from the top-right side and enable Airplane mode.
- Now, touch and hold a contact’s Bitmoji and start moving your thumb to the right side to do the half-swipe.
- Close the Snapchat app once you have finished reading the text. Then, return to the quick settings and deactivate Airplane mode.
- When you sign in, you will discover that the message is still unread.
Is it Still Possible to Half Swipe on Snapchat?
Various independent online sites have reported that half-swiping on an Android device is still functional. Half-swiping seems to be an unintentional feature, so it seems reasonable that Snapchat may delete it in the future, as it has done with other features considered less vital. It is, unfortunately, still visible in the future.
Like numerous other Snapchat features, half-swipe is an unauthorized secret feature that enables the user to view a section of a chat without informing the sender. To do a half-swipe on Snapchat, simply follow the steps above.
Why am I Unable to Swipe Messages on Snapchat?
You may be unable to swipe messages on Snapchat for a variety of reasons. One possible explanation is that your phone’s display is too filthy or has fingerprints on it. Another possible explanation is that you’re not holding your phone near enough to your face. Next, make sure you’re using the most recent Snapchat app version.
Snapchat users will be unable to half-swipe their messages anymore. Swiping halfway around a private text allows users to read half of it. The communication can still be read even if the sender perceives it as unread. Snapchat has removed the half-swipe feature from its app.
Messages that were marked as unread might still be viewed while the sender was still able to read them. The only way to keep the half-swipe is to turn off auto updates. Undo the Snapchat upgrade to restore access to the option.
How to Check If Someone on Snapchat Half Swipes:
There is no formal way to identify if someone on Snapchat has half-swiped, but there are a few approaches that may help. Looking at the person’s Snapchat Score is one method to tell. It’s conceivable they half-wiped you if it suddenly drops by a big amount. Looking through the person’s Snapchat Stories is another method to tell. It’s conceivable they half-wiped you if they abruptly cease browsing your Stories. Finally, you may message the individual and see if they answer. If they don’t answer, they may have half-swiped you.
Snapchat’s Half Swipe function allows users to view a person’s message without the other side knowing. Snapchat does not offer this capability as an official feature, nor do any of the app’s main functions.
What is the procedure for creating a group chat? More information may be found in our associated guide. Communicate with other Snapchat users. Snapchat has discontinued the Half Swipe functionality indefinitely. Users were able to view messages from others without the Snapchat app notifying them that they had done so.
You will be unable to execute Half Swiping if you have the Snapchat edition that will be released in 2022. In addition, you may utilize Snapchat without their knowledge in several additional ways.
Previously, you had to install an APK file from the Google Play Store for a pre-June version. You will be able to see user messages if you enable airplane mode on your phone. After seeing the message, Snapchat must be entirely closed and Airplane Mode turned off.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Is it possible for someone to notice if you half-swipe on Snap?
Answer: The Half Swipe is only one of several Snapchat Tricks that enable members to take a glance at another person’s message without them knowing. This is neither an official nor even a prominent Snapchat feature.
2. Can you open a snap without fully opening it?
Answer: Switching on Airplane mode when using Snapchat is one way to avoid receiving notifications suggesting you have started the app. If you enable Airplane mode, you will not see the “seen” notification until you turn it off. To achieve this, go to your child’s phone’s settings and activate Airplane mode.
3. Can people tell if you only half-swipe on Snapchat?
Answer: Snapchat’s “half-swipe” ability enables you to see a text in part while sending it without fully reading it. You can read the information without notifying the sender using this strategy.
To cut a long tale short, folks will not notice if you half-swipe and read their texts. They will only learn that you read the messages if you open the discussion. Half swipe is a fantastic Snapchat feature that comes in handy for many individuals, including me. If you’re not in the mood to respond to someone but want to know if there’s an urgent message, you may half-swipe, read the messages, and respond later.
You must accurately half swipe or else you will fail and the other person will know you read the texts. In this instance, you will be compelled to respond. I hope you found this information informative and that you now know how to half-swipe on Snapchat. Best of Luck