Tiktok is one of the most entertaining social media platforms that had crossed 1 billion daily users in 2022. In 2016 a Chinese company named Byte Dance decided to launch a great platform where anyone can expose their expertise.
Why is TikTok the most special social media platform among people?? TikTok comes with many features that everyone can easily use. TikTok allows short videos made by people which are between 15-60 seconds. Some people also make short informative videos on health, fashion, cooking, creative arts, etc.
What if you want to get rid of some accounts that seem fake or don’t like having them?? Another worse situation can be what would happen if someone is blocked by you mistakenly, and then you eagerly want to unblock that person.
Fortunately, TikTok allows you to block or unblock such types of accounts. TikTok contains features that help you block and unblock someone on TikTok. So if you are on the hunt to unblock someone on TikTok, this guide is for you.
Unblock someone on tik tok:
What if you block someone on tik to eliminate negative activities, harassment, self-care, or when you feel insecure about someone? But later, you realize that you have done a mistake, and now you have to unblock that person.
Unfortunately, unblocking someone is a challenging task, but it is possible. Actually, when you block someone on TikTok, you cannot search for that person again, even by his Username. It means you cannot unblock someone as easily as you had blocked before. But don’t worry; I’ve guided you in simple steps to unblock someone on TikTok for mobile devices and computer devices.
Block someone on TikTok from mobile devices:
Follow the given instructions if you want to block someone on tik to using mobile:
- Open your mobile phone and go to the TikTok app. Just click it and log in.
- Click your “profile tab” by tapping on the menu ( the lower right icon) three lines on the top right placed horizontally.
- In this step, you will find the privacy tab by choosing the setting and privacy option.
- Now is the right time to find out your blocked list. Just scroll down to the blocked account and select it.
- In order to unblock a user select the unblock box next to the user’s name.
Block Someone on Tik Tok from computer devices:
You can do this by performing the instructions listed below, and unblocking someone on TikTok by using PC:
1. First, go to the desktop browser and log in to TikTok.
2. Position the cursor on your profile button and choose settings from the pop-up menu.
3. Select the Privacy tab from the pop-up menu and go below to choose blocked accounts. Here you can view the list of accounts you had blocked.
4. Now, you have to unblock the users by clicking unblock box beside the user which you want to unblock.
How to unblock someone on TikTok from iPhone:
If you are an iPhone user, then follow the steps below to unblock someone on tik to:
- First, open the TikTok app installed on your iPhone.
- You will find a discover tab present in the bar below.
- Just find the TikTok account which you want to unblock.
- Look for the top right area and click the three dots icon there.
- Now you will see the unblock option. Click it to unblock your desired account.
Unblock a user on tik to when you don’t remember the Username:
Here is the case when we need to remember the exact Username we have blocked. So how can one unblock an account when he doesn’t even remember a user name?? Don’t you need to worry about it because you can easily unblock the user in such a case by following the steps given below:
- First, open your TikTok app on your device.
- Move to Applications settings and click them.
- In these settings, you will find a privacy section.
- In the privacy section, you will reach blocked accounts.
- In that list, you search for the person you have blocked before and forget your Username.
- Once you have found that person’s account, click unblock.
- If you find more persons to unblock, repeat a similar process.
Result of unblocking someone on tik tok:
Now you have found enough knowledge about how to unblock someone on TikTok. But what happens next??
- The blocked user can easily reach and look at your tik to account again.
- After unblocking, the user will have to follow your TikTok profile again. Due to TikTok policy, users will automatically unfollow as they have already been blocked once.
How to find Tik Tok Blocked List:
As mentioned earlier, in order to unblock someone, you must find out the blocked list. Sometimes it becomes a little messy to find a blocked list on TikTok. For your convenience, I have mentioned some steps to find out a blocked list before unblocking someone;
1. First, go to your TikTok profile using your desired device and log in to your account.
2. After you log into your account, search for the “profile” option, which you will find in the bar below your screen.
3. To view your blocked list on the tik, click the three dots present on the right side in the top corner.
4. By clicking the three dots, you will find the pop-up menu box having many options.
5. You will click on the “settings and privacy” option inside the pop-up menu.
6. You will find a page with multiple options at this stage. You have to search for “privacy” and select this option.
7. After choosing the privacy option, you will find another page with different options. Then you will select select “blocked accounts” from those options.
This way, you will be able to find out the blocked list from your tik to account. After that, you can easily approach the TikTok profile which you want to be unblocked.
How can you discover if someone blocked you on TikTok??
Have you ever felt curiosity when someone on TikTok blocks you? As the tik to never notify you if someone blocks you. But if you still want to find out you are blocked by someone on tik, here is the way.
Following are some ways to know about you are blocked by someone on TikTok;
First Method: Look at comments and messages:
In this method, go to the notifications area on your TikTok and look for comments you made on a person’s video. If you fail to find access to the video or cannot open it, it means that person blocks you.
Second Method: Examine your Following list:
Another best method to determine whether someone blocks you is to check your following. If the person you want to check has yet to appear in your following list, then you are blocked by that person on TikTok.
Method 3: Check the exact Username:
In this method, type the exact Username. If you fail to find out that account, then you are blocked by that person.
Benefits of blocking someone on tik tok
You are given some relief.
Whether a friend or a relationship has ended. Or a friend you had a difficult time with. It’s lawful to occupy space and frequently the best course of action. Allow yourself some privacy and time to heal without interruption from specific people; if your position shifts, you can unblock them once more.
TikTok Abuse is avoided.
If someone is texting you abusive messages, you should block them. You are not forced to listen to their criticisms or points of view.
To eliminate toxicity
to banish unfavorableness.
Whether it’s ethnic, fatphobic, or any other form of offense, block those who are being disrespectful. You don’t have to be a part of its incident or see it; thus, you don’t want to.
It provides limits.
On TikTok, you should control who accesses your account and whose account you visit. You are entitled to establish limits. It would be best if you blocked them to establish boundaries in order to feel good about yourself and operate at your peak.
How to unblock someone on TikTok without an account?
If you think that you can unblock someone without having an account, then it is a completely impossible thing. It’s a myth to block or unblock someone on TikTok, even if you do not have a tik to account. You can only get access to blocking and unblocking someone on TikTok when you have your account on TikTok.
Limit your interactions with other users
Do you want to avoid annoying comments from different people on your TikTok posts?? Thanks to TikTok which lets you make your TikTok account private. This is really the best policy of TikTok to prevent users from doing such messy things.
Another best part of the app is that if someone wants to follow you, they need your approval. This is your own choice whether you accept the request or not. This way, we could control all possible negativities that approach our tik to account.
Additionally, there is an option to restrict communication with other social network users. With this option, we will be able to decide several things, like who can leave comments on our articles, who can message us, and more. Consider this and set these options because they help to increase the privacy of a TikTok account considerably.
Privacy Section of Tik Tok
This feature is available in the TikTok settings’ Security section. There is a Privacy section where we can find a variety of settings that may be adjusted to our preferences to increase the privacy of the social network account.
We can set it up so that only our friends can comment on our posts or send us direct messages, which helps us limit interactions with other people’s accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What happens when I block someone on TikTok?
Answer: You will instantly be informed on TikTok that the user can no longer communicate with you after blocking their account. It will be added to your list of accounts to be blocked. They can no longer message you as a result. In reality, they cannot search for your account in any way after blocking an account.
2. Can someone on TikTok see if you unblock them?
Answer: Tik Tok won’t alert a person if you block or unblock him.
3. How do I find my block list on TikTok?
1. Tap the menu button in your TikTok profile to access it. 2. Then hit “Privacy” under “Settings and Privacy.”
3. Finally, select “Blocked accounts” by scrolling down.
4. The block list is displayed on the Privacy page.
4. Can someone see you viewed their profile on TikTok if you block them?
Answer: If you visit someone while the feature is turned off on your end, you won’t appear in the list of individuals whose profiles have been viewed by you. They won’t find out!
5. Can somebody still access your videos on TikTok if you block them?
Answer: If you are blocked, you won’t be able to see their videos, and their account profile will be erased. However, this may not imply that you have been blocked since some accounts are concealed from everyone but a select few users.
You may maintain a clean profile and account by blocking users. People occasionally step over lines. They should refrain from stepping over and communicating a necessary message to individuals. While they won’t feel guilty, you could feel uneasy after seeing those postings and communications.
To maintain peace, you can certainly go and block them. If you feel that you mistakenly blocked someone and wish to unblock them, you can do so by simply following the instructions in the article.
This guide on unblocking users on TikTok was useful, and now you can quickly unblock anyone that you accidentally blocked. Once someone has been blocked, you won’t be able to view their profiles or receive any messages from them.
Therefore, consider all of the options before blocking someone, and only do so when necessary. Having more likes and followers will assist you in increasing your visibility. It will simplify the process for you if you want to break TikTok’s algorithm to gain popularity and make your videos go viral.