Do you have years of paper documents and clutter that you would love to retain digitally?
Everything is revolutionizing and converting to digital form, which is surely beneficial to all people, but it creates problems for the older documents present in written/paper form. Converting those paper documents to digital ones with the benefit of searching online makes all the difference for the community wanting to go paperless.
But the problem is that old scanners either cost too much, are large and take quite a lot of space on the table, or lack the ability to create a searchable document with quality optical character recognition (OCR).
For this reason, we are reviewing the Raven Scanners, which are budget-friendly, professional, and compact enough to be placed anywhere. This review will talk about Raven, its Scanners, define its features, and write their benefits, drawbacks, and pricing. So, without any further ado, let us hop into our Raven Scanner Review.
What is Raven?
Raven is a company making products that turn the typical paper document into searchable documents present in digital form. This not only makes you go completely paperless but also allows you to scan the documents wirelessly. Being compact and effortless to handle, the main purpose of Raven Scanner is to help humans by applying technology.
So, the question arises, why would you choose Raven Scanner instead of other Scanners? Raven Scanner is more than just a Document Scanner that gives you full control over your document.
You can effortlessly scan and edit the document with only a few touches. If you want to scan both sides of the page, you can select the duplex scanning. You can select the color combinations with few touches and get crisp results. Various quality options are available, ranging from 200 to 600 DPI that lets you upload sharp images and accurate OCR text captures. Finally, you can send your scanned document to more than 10 destinations through fax, Email, or personal cloud. Furthermore, you can also;
- Automatic Orientation with Pro Scanner
- Crop and zoom specific areas of Scanned Pages
- Automatic Adjustment to skewed Scanned pages
- After scanning, remove, reorder or add pages.
Endless File Destinations:
Sending documents is easier than ever before through Raven Scanners. There is no need for computers; you can directly export the document to cloud services like Box, Dropbox, Raven Cloud, Google Drive, SharePoint, Evernote, OneDrive, and such.
- You can send the document directly to the Fax Number
- Effortlessly send your scanned document to the email address
- Directly scan to the USB flash drive.
The best thing about Raven Scanner is its cloud platform that provides you with AI power Machine learning Text and Handwriting Recognition, Unlimited Storage for all your Documents and Scanned Files, Document PDF Editing, Document sharing with users via links, fax, and email, customize document templates, send fax document in Raven cloud, Receive Document within Raven Cloud and Automatic Document Control Numbers for Record Keeping.
How does it work?
- Primarily, you need to create a Raven Account, which is free of cost. This is also called Raven Cloud Account.
- Then you need to set up a Scanner like either Scan both sides in black and white, color or grayscale up to 600 dpi. You also have to crop, rotate and reorder scanned pages using the application.
- Manage the documents, locate the files with advanced searches or filters. There are customizable templates that allow you to have the data related to the needs of the business.
- Lastly, there are integrations like sharing the document with other users of Raven. You can directly scan the document to your cloud destinations without any effort.
Digitizing the Business:
With Raven, you can go digital and completely become paperless. There is Raven Scanners, and then there is Raven Cloud.
Advanced Wireless Scanning:
Scanning is made easier with the Raven Scanner, coming with exceptional scan speeds, LCD screens, Editing, and wireless connectivity. You can send the document directly to Fax, Cloud, Email, USB, and other platforms.
Secure Document management:
All the documents you have are scanned, and then they are transferred automatically to the cloud. If you want to search for anything, edit the document and automatically recognize the wiring on the paper, it is done in the cloud.
There are three types of Raven Scanners in the market, ranging from the Raven Scanner Standard to Raven Scanner Original and Raven Scanner Pro. Each of them has its features, pricing, pros, and cons.
Raven Scanner Standard:
The standard document scanner will conveniently change the documents, business cards, and even receipts to digital files searched online. These scanners are fully functional with Mac and PC, providing scanning of standard support workflow to email, cloud, computer, and much more.
- LCD Screen with Workflow Button Scanning; you can view and select the saved work from only a single button and then transfer it to your destination. You can also use the pre-scanned documents and send them to various destinations.
- Scan to Cloud, Email, Computer, and More; raven desktop allows you to scan directly to your PC folder or on macOS. You can also send them to other locations like Raven Cloud, Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, OneNote, QuickBooks, Email, One Drive, Google, Box, etc. The free account can provide you with unlimited Raven Cloud storage.
- Simple USB Connection: USB 3.0 in Raven Scanner Standard provides a simple and stable connection. The desktop connects effortlessly with the scanner and comes with ICA, TWAIN drivers, and other scanning apps.
- Artificial Powered OCR; optical character recognition automatically turns your documents into searchable PDF files. This makes it effortless for you to find documents, including handwritten text and others.
- Raven Cloud; in the cloud, the pages are automatically handed like orientation, straightened, and black pages are separately handled or removed.
- Raven Desktop; this is present for both Mac and PC, where you can scan to these platforms or other cloud preferred platforms. Along with this, you have wireless connectivity and a USB that makes the process easier.
The price of Raven Standard starts at around 268.85 dollars, but the prices may fluctuate.
- Color Display
- Requires Desktop to work
Raven Scanner Original:
Raven Original is the best to pick if you don’t have a computer to scan the documents. It covers the receipts, business cards, and documents seamlessly into searchable digital files. There is no need for a computer here.
- Eight Inch large LCD Touchscreen; a large touchscreen allows you to control the scanner without a computer. You can control every stage of the workflow, including scanning, editing, and exporting. Scan and edit features are built into the screen to adjust the document and remove pages after scanning.
- Scan directly to Fax, Email, and Cloud; you can connect through either your Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection. It can scan and send the documents directly to destinations like Google Drive, Box, Evernote, Dropbox, OneDrive, QuickBooks, and so on. Again, there is no need for computers here and neither software installation.
- Document Editor Built-in; automatically, the pages are handled like orientations, skewed pages, and the blank pages are removed themselves.
- AI-Powered OCR, Raven Cloud, and Raven Desktop for PC or Mac are the same as Raven Standard Scanner.
The price of Raven Original starts at around 389.85 dollars for the 1st gen model and ends at 429.85 dollars for the 2nd gen model.
- Large Touch Screen
- Value for Money
- No Computer Required
- Less PPW
Raven Scanner Pro:
As the name suggests, Raven Scanner Pro is the best series and allows you to do the task professionally, like converting the documents into digital files. Then, sending the files to the destination without any computer requirement.
- Large Screen: A larger screen in Pro allows you to control everything through your fingertips without using a computer. A scanner, editor, and sender integrated into the screen make the whole process effortless. You can further crop, rotate, remove pages with the editor.
- Document Export; you can connect through either your Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection. It can scan and send the documents directly to destinations like Google Drive, Box, Evernote, Dropbox, OneDrive, QuickBooks, and so on. Again, there is no need for computers here and neither software installation.
- Blank Page Removal and Alignment; the software itself scans the document and automatically aligns the document. Either they are upside down, skewed, or need cropping; the automation will handle it independently. Yet, the blank pages are removed as well.
- Most of the other features are the same as Raven Original Scanner, like Raven Desktop, AI-powered OCR, etc.
The price of the Raven Pro Scanner starts at around 649.85 dollars, and it is the best model in the market, coming in both black and white colors.
- Large 8-inch touch screen
- 60 PPW or Page per minute
- 100-page automatic feeder
- A bit expensive than others
Raven cloud is online storage from the company that allows you to manage the documents and organize the workspace. Further, your data is stored in online cloud storage that autosaves it in case you ever lose the data.
There is no limit to the data you can store in the cloud, including your documents that are scanned.
AI-Powered Optical Character Recognition automatically detects the handwriting and printed text for all the documents in Raven Cloud. Searching for a document is easier than ever.
If you want to highlight a text or reline something, you can do it with the PDF Editor built into the Raven Cloud. The changes you made to the document are saved automatically.
HIPAA compliant combined with TLS encryption and 256 or 128 bit AES security or the data allows for exceptional safety of your files.
You can search for the content in-depth due to the advanced search. If there are bulk documents, you can write in the document’s name or apply filters to find them effortlessly.
Making templates allows you to effortlessly manage document metadata like the number of dollars, recipient information, contact data, business card, receipts, invoices, and much more.
There is no need to share your login or personal information. If you want to share a document with a person for review or anything, you can share that document through the cloud with that person.
With the advancement in technology, physical papers are converting to digital ones, and specifically, Raven Scanners are best to do the job. With these scanners, you can effortlessly scan documents on a touchscreen without requiring a computer. There is a cloud that saves the scanned documents automatically, and through there, you can tag, edit and then share them on various platforms. If you want to go completely paperless, then Raven Scanners are the best product to go for.