Reduce Photo Size In iPhone
In recent years we have gone for so long over the past 10 years you can take a simple example of the iPhone 6 has a 22-megapixel camera and now in 2022 we have the iPhone 14 based on 48-megapixel cameras. Until and unless you are a professional photographer you don’t need any separate camera to take beautiful shots.
But this megapixel comes with a big cost like in iPhone 5 the photo section used to take almost 1-2MB of the built-in space but in the iPhone 14 having a bigger megapixel it takes almost 80MB of the built-in space from storage.
The megapixel of the recently launched iPhones are really bigger but the iPhone always comes with storage issues. The number of MBs occupied by the pictures depends directly on the pixels of the picture. Every year there is a launch of a new iPhone model with multiple extraordinary features in the camera.
Like iPhone 11 which was released in 2019 has unique features like selfies and ultra-wide pictures meanwhile when iPhone 12 came these features become more modified with night mode portraits and a new built-in sensor-shift stabilization and much more. These above-mentioned and all the other features come with the price of storage issues in the iPhone so for this thing, you have to learn how to reduce or resize the pictures taken by the iPhone to overcome the storage issue.
With the advanced technologies cameras, the file original size of the photo and the scanning of documents have bumped drastically in recent years. These big-size pictures are suitable for only printing purposes when the user wants the sharing. And for this first, you have to cut down the photo file size for a quick upload or transfer process.
Many sites have multiple limitations that are imposed by the company itself for uploading your images and documents. This type of practice is in place for different sites to handle large databases of photos without affecting the overall performance of the website. So for this purpose, if you are trying to upload a photo or take a photocopy of the document you can directly reduce the file size from your iPhone or Mac system.
Meanwhile, the users won’t complain about the drastic improvement in multiple features and image quality yet nobody from the user list likes to run out of storage space. And day by day with the increasing image size the storage shortage issue happens quicker than one may think of it. the manipulation of stock photo images on your iPhone also needs to reduce their size.
There are main 2 categorical ways through which the user can resize their photos on iPhone these are
Using one of my 3 built-in features of your iPhone
Using any third-party IOS apps.
Reasons To Change Photo File Size
Some of the users mentioned that there is no straightforward way to reduce the size of your particular image on any apple device. But several technologies are working hard to get any authentic way to reduce the size so will discuss some of the ways below.
- Use apple mail to reduce image sizes
- Third-party apps to reduce the image file size
- Crop images in photos apps
- Use an instant messaging app
- Use the shortcuts app to compress images on iPhone
- Change file format in iPhone camera settings.
By reducing the size of the actual photo you can save a lot of storage on your device this is useful because iPhones and iPad don’t have any expandable memory section. The users face difficulty in sending large images to anyone so when you will reduce their size then you can easily upload them via email or send them on other apps as well without restrictions. Different websites are also putting bans on the uploading of large images so it’s very much compulsory for advanced technology to resize them.
Reduce Photos File Size On iPhone:
Users must be aware that they can not change the size by default photos app. First and foremost thing is user has to save the photo to the apple files app to check the original size of the photo then after viewing the size chart that is suitable for storage you have to reduce the original size to the required size. Let’s have a look at the different ways:
Change Camera Capture Formate:
The most common form of photo document or video formats might be the main reason that your camera pictures are taking up a lot of space. For this apple introduced the new High-Efficiency Image Container(HEIC) format. HEIC gives high-quality larger images in a smaller size for this you have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Tap on the setting app on iPhone
- Scroll down the camera section
- Navigate to the formats options and from them choose the HIGH EFFICIENCY from the menu bar.
- After implementing this HEIC format when you shoot the snaps that automatically reduce its pixel size and save space as well. But users must acknowledge the fact that the picture still carries the minimum amount of MBs of weight which will affect the storage. To further reduce its size, you need a third-party app.
Make Your Own Photo Resize Shortcut:
Users have the in-built option to create the shortcut of their desired file to reduce the image size on iPhone or iPad according to the device or site preferences. And this method is even more secure and private than others.
- Open the shortcut option > tap the add (+) button
- Assign the good name to your shortcut folder > tap add action.
- Select categories tab > tap media
- Scroll down and choose to get images from input under the image section
- Tap on the blue button on the top right > toggle to show the in share sheet > select did and save option
- Drag the whole media section up and choose to resize the image under image editing.
- Even by this, you may modify the following.
- Click on the desired size and even modify the parameters according to your picture and you have the option of “ASK EACH TIME” so whenever you capture the photo you can manually specify the parameters rather than automatically.
- The default width in the iPhone is 640b but you can adjust it according to your choice. There is an option to change it to 1080 which is the standard value of Instagram.
- Do not alter the Auto Height to let your device find the proper height to maintain the balanced proportion
Click on the Done option on the keypad
- Drag the media selection up again and choose the converted image under the image option again then tap on the JPEG and select your preferred format.
- Again drag the media selection option up then tap on the save to photo album option under the photos then by default your resized or reduced image will be saved into the Recents folder.
- Now finally click on the Exit (X) button.
- Then after completing the action if you want to run the shortcut then simply select the image from the photo library, click on the share icon that is at the bottom of the screen, navigate downward and choose to RESIZE IMAGE option then the final prompt will show you the resized image.
Use Apple Mail To Resize The Image:
There is one more option hidden in the iPhone to make the photo size reduce rather than cropping the image. You can quickly reduce the image size by sending them using Apple Mail by the following steps:
- Go to photos and select the images you want to resize.
- Click on the share icon > select mail from the share options.
- Put your email address > click on the send icon
- Then by default, the pop-up window will appear informing you of the size of your image and the modifying options to Small, Medium, Large or to retain the original size.
- After waiting for a couple of minutes the mail will send you back the resized preferred images. From there you can easily download the reduced images.
Use Instant Messaging App:
Sometimes the user noticed that the messaging apps like messenger Instagram WhatsApp telegram all these apps drastically reduce the resolution of the image by distorting the pixels causing blurry images’ overall quality of the photo to be disturbed. You can do the same effect if you want to resize the photo then you can adopt the same way.
Just send the photos to yourself on any instant messaging app that you use frequently even you can also perform the same to shrink the size of your videos and diamonds.
Third-Party IOS App Use To Resize Image:
There are plenty of you can say thousands of third-party apps available that you can utilize to compress your image. If you want advanced functionalities you will save a lot more time by using a third-party IOS app designed for this purpose.
We have already tested a number of IOS apps that we download from the app store here we will discuss the most popular one.
- An app like image size allows you to easily resize your iPad or iPhone photos into whatever size you want.
Download the image size app by using the apple app store
- Tap the photo icon to import the image you want to resize. Click on the Allow Access to give the app permission to access your photo library.
- Select the whole slot of photos you want to resize.
- Choose the pixels, millimeters, and centimeters, for your image size as well as add values in the width and height section as well.
- Move or zoom the resulting image according to your preference.
- Click on the download or the save icon at the bottom left of the screen.
It’s another app that will help you to quickly resize your image. The golden point of this app is that it will compress your iPhone or iPad image without having access to an internet connection.
Download the Compress photos and pictures app from the apple app store.
Give the app access to your photo gallery from where you are going to select the images you want to resize.
Move the slider for photo quality and photo dimensions once you are satisfied then tap on the compressed icon.
Once done the app will flash the original photo and you will be given the resized image.
Click on the delete original if you don’t want to save it on your phone because you have the resized image.