How to Screen Record on an iPhone
We frequently encounter circumstances where we must take a screen capture on our iPhone. It might record a lesson, catch a humorous moment, or store a crucial message. Regardless of the cause, there’s good news: iOS has a built-in screen recording capability that lets you capture everything on your iPhone.
In the past, users took screenshots of their screens. Still, now, after new innovations, screenshots have become old-fashioned, and it isn’t easy to explain to others with the help of screenshots. Hence, users prefer to do screen recordings that help others easily understand every single step in just a few clicks.
iPhone features are quite different and tricky as compared to other mobiles, but once you get used to these features, you will become a Pro at running all the updated features of the iPhone and easily access other options that are useful as well.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of screen recording on an iPhone. It’s easier than you may assume. Follow the instructions below to record your iPhone’s screen!
Ways To Turn on iPhone Screen Recording:
All the advanced and updated versions running on iOS 11 or later have the advanced screen recording built-in feature. So initially, users need to check that the screen recording option is in the settings, and then they need to check whether the option is available in the main control center. If not,, they must search for the option and add it to the main control center. That is quite easy to access if you are playing a game or on your video call or whatever you are doing. To add the screen record button in your control center, you’ll need to follow bellow below-mentioned steps.
- Users need to open the control center main menu, which can be done by dragging down from the top right corner of their iPhone. This is available in iPhone X or the advanced options.
- Search that screen record button in the menu designed as a big dot with a circle around it.
- If you see that the screen record button is unavailable in the main control center menu, you need to add it from the setting.
- Open the general settings of your iPhone, scroll down to the option of the main control center, and click on the option of Customize control center.
- Scroll to the other control center menu and search the screen recording option.
- a green symbol of ‘+’ is present on the left side of the text. Tap the symbol, and the screen recording option will jump from here to the main control center menu above.
- Users can change the setting and remove the screen recording option from the main menu by opening all these settings again and tapping on the red symbol ‘-.’
Steps To Start Screen Recording on iPhone:
Once you are done with setting and adding the screen record button in your main control center menu, you are ready to use this option any time you need it. Sometimes, students take online classes where they need to record their screen, and adults want to save the clip of their video that they want to watch later on, so they try to record everything running on their screen.
While you are recording the screen, your every single tap, swipe, and even sound will be recorded in your screen recordings. It’s a modern hack that makes the life of an iPhone user quite easy because sharing things from an iPhone is difficult. Let us dive into the main steps of screen recording.
- Swipe the screen down in the iPhone X or updated versions and swipe the screen up in the iPhone 8 or the earlier versions.
- Click the screen recording button and start recording all the content you want to save for later.
- Before the recording starts, 3 or 5 seconds of countdown will appear on the screen, and after that recording starts, you will see the clock or timer on the top left corner of your screen change its color and turn red. This can only be seen in iPhone X or updated versions.
- In iPhone 8 or earlier versions, a complete red bar will appear on top of your screen with time that shows your recording has started.
- The control center will remain on the screen; you need to tap on the screen to close the control center. Now you are recording all the things that are running on your iPhone screen even all the audio and videos will easily be recorded with the same volume. There are a few different steps that you need to take for the audio recordings.
- If you are done with screen recording and want to stop it, tap on the red clock at the top corner of your screen or the red bar at the top and then click the Stop option.
- Your screen recording will be automatically saved in your phone recordings, which you can easily access later.
Steps To Screen Record With Audio On Your iPhone:
A bonus offer from the iPhone settings is that users can even record the audio they are talking about while screen recording. So let us dive in to check the advanced steps through which you can turn on your microphone before tapping on the recording button so that your audio will also get easily recorded in your screen recording.
Even this will be quite helpful if you explain things to other users by screen recording. You can verbally explain them, which will be recorded in your audio. And if you are a regular game player, you can talk about the tricks and secret steps while recording the screen so that you will recall them or remember them when you will again watch the recordings again. I have for you here a few steps that you need to do.
- Click on the record button and hold on the button for a few seconds.
- A small screen will pop up; you need to click on the microphone icon that will be present at the bottom. Then click on the option to start recording. The countdown will start, and it will appear on your screen.
- Double-click on your screen to exit and close the control center.
- Your iPhone screen is ready to record your audio; the microphone will turn on automatically once screen recording starts.
- If you want to stop the audio screen recording, open the control center screen and hold on to the recording option so that the microphone will appear, and then turn off the microphone option so that your audio will not be recorded anymore.
- Once your screen recordings end, a notification will appear on your screen that tells you where your screen recording is placed or saved. You can even click on the notification to view your screen recording.
Steps To Edit Your Saved Screen Recording:
Sometimes, the user needs to edit the screen recording they had already saved in their camera roll or the recordings of their iPhone. Tap on the recording so that it gets started, and in the same window, you can access iPhone advanced editing tools; from these, you can add filters to your recordings even trim or cut the long recordings to make them short and to the point.
Long-screen recordings are difficult to share and even get huge space when you save them on your phone. By trimming them, you can get a short recorded video clip.
- Open the recordings, the camera roll, or the photo or video app of your iPhone where you placed your recordings and open the video you want to edit.
- Tap on the edit option available on the top right corner of your iPhone screen.
- If you want to trim your video, the visual timeline of the complete video is available at the bottom of the screen. If you want to cut from the beginning, then tap and drag the arrow beside the play button towards the right side the arrow turns yellow. If you want to trim from the end, then drag the arrow towards the left side.
- Now the new short clip is ready, press the play button to watch. You can adjust your video timings and trim them according to your needs.
- You can use different filters on your screen-recorded video by using the same buttons and the same editing tools that you use to edit your photos from the Photos app.
- You can even add different texts to your recorded video from the editing tools you use to add text to your photos and videos.
- Once you finish editing your screen recording, save the editing by tapping Done and save the recorded video as a new clip.
Recording your iPhone screen was imagined as a big task in the past, and sometimes, it was only possible to screen record once. The user needs help from a third-party app to record the screen to ensure the quality of the recorded video is maintained.
But when Apple company received the bulk of complaints, they started working on it, and now they have launched new options in their updated versions and have the built-in screen recording option in iOS 11 or later. Now, with just a few clicks, users can easily record their iPhone screen, and even audio recording can be achieved by turning on your microphone before starting the recording.
Audio screen recording is quite helpful to understand a few clicks and points when you watch your recording later. By screen recording option, users can now capture and share their favorite moment or clip from the video they are watching, helping to explain the functions and working of different apps to other users. Even users are now creating helpful tutorials for users with updated iPhone models because their software is quite complicated. So, screen recording is helpful in hundreds of ways.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs:)
For how much time can you record your iPhone screen?
Answer: The length of your screen recording video depends upon the storage space of your iPhone. There is no defined time by the manufacturer, but the user needs to look for their phone’s storage. Users need to remember that long videos are difficult to transfer and share with others. So, could you try to record short video clips?
Is it easy to share recorded videos with others?
Answer: Yes, it is quite easy to share your recorded video with others; share it through email and messaging apps, or you can upload your video to social media platforms directly from your photos app.