Turn Off Siri On AirPods
In recent Era, there have been countless new innovations in technology to provide the best ever platform for users to connect with each other even when sitting in other countries around the globe, for this reason, scientists work on the technology and created smartphones with multiple new features than the older manual phones. With smartphones one can easily run their business by sitting at home or in the office, the health sector can deliver online sessions to the patient, and the education sector can easily conduct online classes during the pandemic time hence each and every field of life got benefited from this technology.
Apple company has refreshed its feature and launched Air pods wireless earbuds in March 2019. In addition to the number of new features that set the two models apart from the original air pods. One is to summon Siri entirely hands-free, allowing the user to speak a variety of commands and ask questions without touching the phone.
So there are multiple companies running parallel to produce their best software-based smartphone. In this case, the users are very much familiar with and impressed with the Apple company having IOS software so the supply of Apple company mobiles is increasing day by day, and also the company is working very hard to provide their best services to the customers. Their features are innovating vigorously and attracting as well as helping users worldwide.
If you are also an iOS user, then might be you familiar with its air pods and air pods pro features. These are simple headphones but they are designed in an updated manner with a mic that connects wirelessly to your phone.
By this, you can not only enjoy music watch videos, and receive calls even during driving and doing other chores because it is wireless and it will not interrupt your work. Even you can also talk to Siri and perform the tasks like adjusting volume etc. but you can add delight if you use Siri with your Air pods and Air pods pro to make your life even easier.
You can use Siri even without touching your iPhone only you have to give the voice command to get all the necessary information and task done in a single shot. It sounds dreamy but yes it is a reality and sounds very cool to the users as well as easy to use.
Generations Of AirPods
In the first generation of air pods, you have to make a double tap gesture on either right or the left earpiece to activate Siri before you could start talking to the other user. But in the second generation Airpods and Airpods Pro. The digital assistant will be ready to respond to the words that follow.
There are two commands that are in your control that you can double tap on either side of the Airpods or you can set the Press-and-Hold gesture to summon Siri if you prefer. Siri can be used with your Airpods to control your music, ask queries, make phone calls and check the status of your Airpods.
The most important thing is that any generation of Airpods you are using won’t do anything if your iOS device doesn’t have any network connections. Unlike voice control, Siri needs an internet connection even for basic playback commands.
Essential Siri Commands For Your AirPods
Following is a quick list of commands that you can give to Siri. The user has to memorize them well to get the most functions out of your Airpods. But make sure your phone has an internet connection to proceed with the Siri commands.
- “turn volume up/down” or “raise the volume by 50%”
- “resume music”
- “play new music list”
- “play (song name)” or “play (podcast name)”
- “play my favorites list”
- “play” or “pause” music
- “back/forward” or “skip seconds/minutes”
- “How is the battery life of my Airpods”
- “skip the next upcoming song”
How To Use Siri With Airpods And Pro?
There are major three ways to use Siri or the method to turn it on with your Airpods or Airpods pro. Users have to select one method from the below written three methods.
Using “Hey Siri” Voice Commands:
If your Siri is connected to the IOS device, then the user just has to give the command and the connected Siri will respond automatically. While using the Airpods it’s very easy to call Siri and perform certain tasks and get the desired information. But for most of the IOS devices, the feature must be enabled manually.
- In the IOS device, go to your settings and on the settings page you can see the Siri and search options.
- Now, on the Siri and search page you will see the toggle of the “Hey Siri” option. You can customize the voice below by clicking on the Siri voice options and selecting one of them.
- In the final step, you just have to say Hey Siri and it will respond to you directly via Airpods.
Manually Turning On Siri:
both for Airpods and Airpods pro there is a touch sensor on the upper right corner of the earbud that is used for switching between noise cancellation and transparency mode or to control songs, volume, etc. you can turn on Siri by double tapping on pressing and holding your finger on the sensor.
In case you are using an older version of Airpods or Airpods pro then it is suggested to directly call the Siri helpline center for this you must tap on either side of the Airpods. This technique is only valid for first and second generations Airpods. However, for the newer version of Airpods then you don’t need to call the Siri help desk and if you make calls to Siri it will be your own choice rather you just have to hold the force sensor on your Airpods or Airpods pro.
Use An Announce Message:
Till this point, you are only familiar to call the Siri helpline via voice command or manually but there is also a third way for the second generation of Siri Airpods users. With the H1 chip and IOS V13.2, a new feature has been introduced in this version. Now Siri is updated and it can read your text messages when you receive them. It also saves the trouble to check your phone while driving. And to use this feature first you have to manually turn it on.
- Firstly, open up the settings and navigate to the notifications option on this page.
- On the notification page click on the announce message with the Siri option by default, it will be turned off so you will have to activate the feature.
- Now toggle on the announce message with Siri options and make sure the announce message turns on.
- Adding to this, if you wish to reply to the message without reading it, you can toggle on the reply without confirmation mentioning the option below on the screen.
How To Turn Off Siri On AirPods
It’s a straightforward process after which you are not able to access Siri via Airpods. The below-mentioned steps are applicable to both iPhone and mac devices.
- Open the settings app on your iPhone or your iPad. Click on the Airpods name that is mentioned at the top of the screen.
- And even if you don’t see the option or the name of your Airpods then head to the Bluetooth section and tap on the “I” button next to your Airpods.
- Under the “double tap Airpods” you can “press and hold Airpods” depending on which version of Airpods you are using and then first select the LEFT option.
- Change the settings to anything other than Siri and if you don’t want to perform anything select the OFF toggle.
- Then go back to the previous page and select RIGHT. Then do the same as above and select anything except Siri.
How To Mute Siri On AirPods Using A Mac?
If you don’t have an iPhone or iPad and you want to turn off o mute Siri, then don’t worry you can easily disable Siri on your Airpods using a mac.
Disable Siri On AirPods:
You will see an apple logo on the top left corner of your mac’s screen. Then select your system preferences.
Navigate down to the Bluetooth menu.
- Here you can find your device name in the device section. In front of the device click on the options button.
- First, on the drop down that next to “left double tap”
- Choose a different option from Siri and repeat the step by right double tap settings.
- Once you think all the settings are done then click to save these changes
- By doing this you will never activate Siri again on these Airpods and Siri will get triggered whenever you use the” HEY SIRI” WAKE WORD. For completing the action, you have to turn off the Hey Siri option as well.
Turn Off Hey Siri On Mac:
- Click on the apple logo in the top left corner of your mac screen then go ahead for the preference option.
- Navigate to the Siri section.
- Untick the checkbox next to the “listen for Hey Siri” command.
- Then your action will be completed and your Siri will no more get triggered by any command and it will not be used with your Airpods or Airpods pro anymore.
These above-mentioned ways are used to activate your Siri with your Airpods and also the steps which users can follow to turn it off even the user can follow the above-mentioned steps to completely and disable Siri from Airpods using iPhone iPad or any Mac device.
To some users, Siri might be the best-selected feature on the Airpods Because they can easily conduct many activities by using Siri.