Snapchat is the latest social media platform to add a section that will rival TikTok and that short-form vertical videos on Snapchat. Instagram did this recently with Instagram reels, Youtube is doing it with Youtube shorts, and Snapchat is introducing Snapchat Spotlight.
So in this article, I will describe to you how to view spotlights, how to interact with spotlights and how to post your spotlight. If you go viral and you are one of the top creators, Instagram is sharing their revenue, and according to Twitter, they posted that you could earn a share of even more than 1 million dollars a day.
Snapchat Spotlight Guidelines Overview
Let’s go through Snapchat Spotlight guidelines in case your spotlight was not approved. Here can be the reason. So please make sure that the snaps you submit to spotlight by community guidelines, terms of services, and spotlight terms.
- Your snaps should be vertical videos with sound. Still-image photos, horizontal snaps, and snaps with only text will not show up in Spotlight.
- Video can be up to 60 seconds long, no longer than that.
- Use creative tools such as captions, sounds, lenses, or gifs.
- Make sure your videos won’t do advertisements of products because sponsor shipping is against the guidelines of the spotlight.
- Try always putting unique content that has yet to be posted on Snapchat Spotlight.
- Don’t infringe on the rights of others. Snapchat promptly removes infringing material reported to it by rightsholders.
- Brands should check out Snapchat for Business or apply for the brand Profile Beta.
How To Use Snapchat Spotlight:
Follow the steps to use Snapchat spotlight: So, all you need to do is:
- Update your Snapchat and jump into the application, and you will see a “play” option at the bottom of the page in the corner.
- To view spotlights, you need to scroll straight up there, and you will see more and more as you go through them.
- Now with any of those, you could go ahead and interact with them and like them.
- You could also press the “share” option and then share it as a snap, or you could “copy” the link or use any of those other share messages. Your recent section will show you the people you have interacted with recently, and you could “share” it with them.
- Then you have three dots. So go ahead and add the “creator” there.
- After that, you will see what topic they posted the spotlight under.
- There will also be a search icon on the top.
- So if you wanted to search for specific things in Spotlight, you could also do that.
How to Create a Snapchat Spotlight?
Let’s learn how to create a Snapchat Spotlight:
- It will happen in the same way you create a snap. So go to the camera, and all you have to do is go ahead and record or upload your Snap.
- Then go to your video and add text to it. You can cut it or add music, and all the things you do with regular snaps are there on the right side of the page.
- When you are done, you could press the blue option right there, the “blue arrow.”
- Instead of sharing it in your story or with people on Snapchat, you can press the spotlight on top right there. It says, “ submit your best snaps .”Now it will say, “snaps are visible to everyone on Snapchat, and they are public .”So, read it properly, understand its meaning, and press “OK.”
- So press the “blue” option on the bottom, and it will appear in the spotlight section.
Now there are two things to note this is not yet available to everyone in every country, and that is going to take a little bit of time to get to everyone, and spotlights can’t have watermarks. So you can’t just take things from TikTok and post them there. You will have to either remove that watermark or create original content for Snapchats Spotlights.
How to Upload a Snapchat Spotlight?
Uploading the spotlight on Snapchat is simple.
- Just go into Snapchat, and then you can do one of two things.
- First, you can make a quick video on Snapchat.
- After that, you need to press send at the bottom.
- You can upload your video to the spotlight right at the top. So click on that.
- You can add hashtags that tell Snapchat what is the best audience to have your videos shown to.
- Use hashtags that are about the videos you are posting.
- After that, just press send to Snapchat and review your video, which usually takes around 30 minutes. But after that, you should be good to go.
- Snapchat will show your video to a small group of people, and it can initially range anywhere from 10 to 100 people.
- Your video will then be judged on its engagement, like watch time, and then obviously likes and shares.
- Snapchat will take all of these as a signal if it should expand your video to more people.
- A lot of people don’t watch videos with sound in the spotlight. So when you make videos, funny videos, memes, or videos with captions seem to do well.
- On the left corner of the screen, you will see an option, “avatar .”So to view your spotlight snap, click on that.
- To view the snaps and views you received, tap on the “Spotlight and Snap Map.”
How to Boost your Visitors on Snapchat Spotlight?
If you want to make money from Snapchat spotlight, you need to make unique content for your videos that must be different from other creators on that platform. Here I will give you some tips and tricks you need to follow to get more and more views in Snapchat Spotlight.
1. Post Your Videos consistently:
The first strategy that you need to keep in your mind is that you need to post your content consistently. Snapchat policies include pushing the latest videos at the top of the page. So posting content regularly will automatically push you to the top as a result viewed by many followers. Hence large no views will receive daily.
One more thing that is important is the planning of content strategy rather than posting random content. It will help keep your audience engaged and active, bringing more visitors.
2. Promote your Snapchat Profile:
Besides producing useful and unique content, you also need to do something to help you make money on Snapchat Spotlight. So, need to promote your Snapchat profile. To do this, add your Snapchat code to other social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.; more and more people will see your content.
3. Select a Particular Niche for Your Snap:
You need to select a particular niche to keep engaging your viewers on Snapchat. Your niche will give a reason for Snapchat’s algorithm and users to see your content, follows you, and share it with their contacts. So the content must follow a structure and holds some context.
- For editing text, use similar colors.
- Utilize the same pattern for shooting clips.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you still make money on Snapchat Spotlight 2022?
Answer: The simple answer to this quarry is no. Based on the number of visitors, Snapchat does not pay its users. So it means if you are posting regularly on Snapchat, you cannot earn money. But you may send Spotlight your best Snaps to win a portion of the more than $1 million handed out daily.
How do you do a spotlight on Snapchat 2022?
Answer: To do a spotlight on Snapchat, you need to follow the steps:
- Make a snap and then add editing or hashtags.
- Tap the “Add to” button on the screen and select “spotlight.”
- Sign into your Snapchat profile and utilize the Web Uploader tool for quick and simple contributions.
Does Snapchat still pay for the spotlight?
Answer: The corporation paid millions to artists each week in 2021 instead of $1 million every day in 2020. Although the price is being reduced, the insider told TechCrunch that Snapchat is compensating more creators in more markets. Notably, the lowest payment for each Spotlight will continue to be $250.
What does a 400k snap score mean?
Answer: You are well-liked if your snap score is between 200,000 and 400,000. Your preferred app is Snapchat. You can have a large following on the site and update your narrative nearly daily. It wouldn’t be shocking if you’ve been suspected of texting several individuals.
Why is Snapchat making you pay?
Answer: In an attempt to develop new revenue streams, Snap launched its paid tier. It is one of several businesses that have been impacted by changes to Apple’s privacy policies that were made last year and destroyed its marketing industry, which is a crucial source of revenue for Snap.
Finally, you have gone through the detailed discussion bout Snapchat Spotlight. In this article, we have learned the Snapchat Spotlight Guidelines. Moreover, I have also explained how to use, create, and upload Snapchat Spotlights. This post also discusses how to increase your views on Snapchat Spotlight.
Hopefully, you may find this information useful and learn a lot from this post. In case of any queries, drop your questions in the comments area below.