Vizio TV Won’t Turn On?
Has your Vizio tv suddenly stopped working? Is your Vizio tv on but doesn’t show anything on the screen? Are you facing different problems with your Vizio tv? Are you trying to turn your tv on but it won’t?
Are you looking for step by step detailed guide on how you can troubleshoot the problem with your tv? Or are you looking for different solutions to this problem for research purposes?
If yes, then you have come to the right place. If your Vizio tv has suddenly stopped providing feedback and won’t turn on, it can be quite frustrating, as getting the tv repaired is very expensive and time-consuming and buying a new one is not an option.
For some reason most Vizio TVs suddenly fall into the problem of not turning on, there have been countless people who have reported the same problem as yours, meanwhile, some owners also say that this is a problem that they have been facing for multiple years and it still falls weak to this issue rather suddenly.
However, the first and foremost advice is to not panic at all, since you are not alone in facing this problem, and if a problem is common, its solutions will be common as well, so keep yourself relaxed as we have gathered here some of the most effective solutions and fixes that can help you turn your Vizio tv back on.
There are a couple of possible reasons that can be causing this problem, and luckily in most cases, it’s absolutely not because of a broken tv or a broken component inside of it, usually, it takes some troubleshooting to get to the root of this re-occurring problem and then the fix to this issue is applied.
It is advised for you to read till the very end as we will make sure to walk you through effective fixes to your problem and we will also be telling you why this problem appears at the same time.
so we advise you to read till the end and make sure that you don’t miss any part as it can prove to be crucial towards fixing your problem, by the end you will know everything that you need to know about this topic, so without a further ado let’s get started,
What To Do If Your Vizio TV Won’t Turn On?
Before we dive straight into troubleshooting your problem, we should first check and see if your tv is getting powered or not.
The first thing that you can do is rather simple, check the standby light of your tv and see if it’s on or not, if it’s red in color then you should know that your tv is in standby mode. If you have a blue indicator light and your tv is still not showing anything or if there’s just a black screen.
Then that means that your tv is on, but it might be providing its display on a different screen, if not, it could be facing a problem with its backlight, however, if you’re not seeing any light at all on the indicator part of your tv, then that means that your tv is not getting any power to turn itself on, for some reason.
Now let’s move on to, how you can perform a fix to your tv if you’re standby light is visible.
How To Troubleshoot a Vizio TV If Your Standby Light Is Turned On?
Here are some of the reasons that can be causing your tv to not turn on even though your standby light is turned on.
1. Check Remote:
If you can’t seem to get your remote to function and work properly, then there might be nothing wrong with your tv at all, since your remote is required to indicate your tv and turn it on,
- One of the most common reasons why your remote isn’t working is that it ran out of batteries and you need to change them, try replacing your batteries with fresh ones and check to see if the problem is fixed.
- If the problem still persists, then remove the batteries and press and hold the power button on your remote for fifteen seconds, this is done normally to discharge your device off of any excess current that is stored inside of the device, after pressing the power button for fifteen seconds, put the batteries back in, and try turning on your tv again.
2. How To Troubleshoot a Vizio TV That Has Standby Lights Turned Off?
If your TV’s red light is not on, which is given in the corner of your bezel, if it’s still not on then this means that your tv isn’t getting any power at all,
- The first and foremost step, in this case, would be to check the power source of your Vizio tv, after you’re done checking the power source, check and see if pressing the menu button pops any menu up on your screen, sometimes your tv can give a black screen and since there are menu buttons on both the tv and it’s remote, try pressing it to see if it pops anything up on the screen, try pressing both menu buttons, turn by turn as pressing them simultaneously will not result in anything, so try pressing the menu buttons one by one and see if anything pops up on your screen.
- If the menu test has failed, then you should know that your tv is turned off and it was never on, and the power source might be an issue, the best possible thing to do right now is to ensure that your tv is fully plugged into a power outlet and that it’s not dangling halfway out and halfway in the power switch, after this, try and check if the tv works if it still doesn’t, try and change the power outlet to your tv. You can change the outlet by using an extension cable to increase the range of another close outlet without moving your whole tv. This will save you time and effort, if your tv starts to work from another outlet then you can move it to a location that is closer to that outlet so that you don’t have to use an extension cable at all times.
- Check the condition of your power cord and see if it’s not damaged, the reason that your tv isn’t turning on can also be a damaged power cord or a loose power cord, a lost power cord can also be causing this problem so first make sure that your cord is fully inserted into the power outlet, then if your tv still doesn’t give output, check and see if your power cord is damaged by any means or not. In order to ensure that your cord fits well, you can try checking the TV’s power receiving port as well and see if the cord is fully inserted in that port as well as the power outlet, as even a slightly loose power cord from either side can be causing the issue, and it’s not always visible that your power cord is disconnected from its power source.
If you have completely tried the above-given tasks, which include checking the power cord, checking the power outlet, and checking the remote for functionality, then you should move on to the next solutions.
3. Power Cycle Your Vizio TV:
If you suspect that you might be having power-related issues, or if anything else is not working for you, try power cycling your Vizio tv, this process involves the power button that is given on your tv and not your remote.
If you didn’t know that your tv has buttons up until now, well, now you know, In short, you can find all the buttons of your tv on the back of your tv and these buttons will differ according to the model version of Vizio tv that you have bought.
Now follow the steps given below to power cycle your Vizio tv, and it’s quite straightforward, as all you need to do is:
- Unplug the cord of your TV from the outlet and keep it disconnected.
- Now, locate the power button on the back of your tv, but you will need to look closely in order to locate it with precision as all the buttons blend in well with each other.
- Press and hold the button after you have located it, for about 10 seconds to drain any reserve energy.
- Now try turning your tv back on, and see if it’s working fine or if it’s still facing an issue turning on.
The steps given above are likely to work and almost every time they work as well, but if it doesn’t, you can repeat them and try again several times while making sure that you’re pressing and holding the power button for at least 10 to 15 seconds each time you perform the power cycle, so you can fix your tv in no time and get back to binge-watching shows.
If your tv has been powered on, and you believe that it’s only temporary, then you can try applying the next solution.
How To Reset Your Vizio TV?
Follow the steps given below to reset your Vizio tv.
- With your tv powered on, press the menu button,
- Navigate to the “system” option in the menu and select to open it.
- Next, find the “reset and admin” option, and choose, “reset to factory defaults”
- Sometimes the Vizio tv will ask you for a code before resetting itself, if it doesn’t ask you won’t be needed to input anything but if it does, the code will be four consecutive zeroes, “0000”.
- Now your Vizio tv has been restored to the default settings, that it had set when you initially bought it from the store.
If for some reason you don’t have the Vizio tv remote with you, you can then still reset the tv by using the buttons given on the tv, but their location will differ according to the model version of your tv.
How To Reset Vizio TV Without Remote?
If you want to reset your Vizio tv and you currently don’t have access to its remote, then you can try following the steps given below to reset your tv back to its factory settings,
- First, find the power button of your device, the reason for this is that it may differ in location according to your tv model, the location to look for these buttons will be on the left side of your tv, try the right side, try the back of your tv, or the very bottom of your device.
- With the tv turned on, press and hold the volume down button, and the source button at the same time. After a few seconds pass by, your tv will instruct you to press the input button and hold it.
- Press and hold the input button for at least 10 seconds.
- This will turn off your tv, reboot, and factory reset it back to its default settings. The whole process will take about a minute and you will be left with a reset tv on your hands that will be working fine from now on.
Replacing Your Power Supply
If nothing has worked till now, you will need to remove your TV’s power supply or have it checked to see if it needs to be repaired for anything. If that’s the problem then your tv will start to work fine again after you have successfully fixed and repaired your power supply but keep in mind that if your tv has been showing output or some life throughout the process then the power supply might not be the issue here.
Vizio tv power supplies are known for their faults, but look at the bright side, the power supply doesn’t cost you much, and if it can’t be repaired for some reason you can just buy a new one at a cheap price.
Contact Their Support Service
If you can’t seem to find out what’s wrong with your tv, or if you can’t fix your tv and have figured out your problem, then you should contact their support service team, and they will surely tell you the problem, and they might also tell you the steps to fix it according to your particular model in hand.
We have given you complete and detailed information on how you can troubleshoot the problem with your tv, and then what are the required steps of fixing these problems. We hope that you got the information that you were looking for and we wish you the best of luck in fixing your issue.