Can You Transfer Text Messages to a New iPhone?
When you get a new iPhone, the first thing that you should consider is whether you can transfer messages to new iPhone or not. The answer is yes! As an experienced iPhone user, you’re familiar with iCloud’s role in coordinating data between iOS devices, making it a natural choice for the task at hand. However, while iCloud plays a role, it only offers 5 GB of free storage for iOS data.
Anyway, let’s dive into a comprehensive guide on utilizing iCloud to transfer messages to your new iPhone. Beyond that, to circumvent the inherent iCloud limitations, this post will offer you a more streamlined alternative for transferring messages to your new iPhone.
How to Transfer Messages to New iPhone in 2 Simple Ways
The way to transfer messages to your new iPhone is quite simple and easy. Let’s check it!
Method 1: Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud
iCloud is the official way to transfer your messages from your old iPhone to your new iPhone. You may be experiencing problems with messages not transferring to a new iPhone. If you’re determined to explore this method, let’s start the process of transferring messages from one iPhone to another with iCloud:
Step 1. Backing Up Your Old iPhone
- Make sure your old and new iPhones are both powered on and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- On your old iPhone, navigate to Settings > Apple ID [Your Name] > iCloud > Enable iCloud Backup > Start the backup by tapping Back Up Now.
Step 2. Initiating iCloud Backup Restoration on the New iPhone
- Power on your new iPhone and work through the setup until the Apps & Data screen emerges.
- Choose Restore from iCloud Backup > Supply your Apple ID and password > Then, pinpoint the suitable backup for restoration.
- If you’ve already configured the device, you need to erase all content and settings on your new iPhone to perform a comprehensive iPhone reset.
- Keep power and Wi-Fi connections intact until the process is complete. Any interruption may affect the recovery process and recovery may be challenging.
Method 2: Selectively Transfer Messages to New iPhone via FoneTool
It is known that iCloud relies on a good and stable internet connection. Therefore, if you have a bad network connection during the backup process, you may easily experience the iCloud backup stuck issue. In this case, it’s strongly to recommended to use FoneTool – a safe and professional backup and iPhone transfer tool.
FoneTool opens a quick way to facilitate seamless messaging across iDevices, even when different Apple IDs are involved. Some advantages of using this iPhone data transfer tool are as follows:
- Selective Transfer: You have the flexibility to selectively transfer specific messages as per your preference.
- Offline Transfer: FoneTool enables message transfer without requiring an active network connection.
- Apple ID Flexibility: Even if Apple IDs differ between devices, FoneTool facilitates smooth message transfers.
- Comprehensive Backup and Restore: Beyond message transfer, FoneTool offers comprehensive backup and restoration options for your iOS devices.
So, how to transfer your messages to new iPhone using FoneTool? Now follow the steps below:
Step 1: Use the USB cable to establish a connection between your old iPhone and your PC > Enter your passcode on your iPhone to grant the software access to your device.
Step 2: Run FoneTool > Navigate to the Phone Backup section > Choose Selective Backup and click the Get Started button.
Step 3: Click the Messages icon to preview and select text messages you want to transfer > Click OK to confirm your selection.
Step 4: Click Backup Storage Path to select the preferred storage path to save your messages > Click Start Backup to begin the backup process.
Note that in addition to selective transfers, FoneTool’s iPhone to iPhone feature allows you to quickly transfer messages and files from one iPhone to another with just one click.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know how to transfer messages to your new iPhone, you can choose to do a full transfer, including all messages, via iCloud Backup. But if your goal is selective messaging, FoneTool is the way to go.
With the help of FoneTool, you cannot only transfer your messages to a new iPhone or PC but also transfer contacts from iPhone to USB or PC. Download it now to venture out and explore the realm of FoneTool.