We Limit How Often You Can Do Certain Things on Instagram:
Instagram is the fastest-growing social media platform. As much as the platform is used for legitimate purposes, the platform has seen a rise in spam accounts as well. To protect the real users of Instagram, the algorithm of Instagram is designed in such a way that performing any action heavily leads to an action block of the account. Action block reduces your engagement on the app, which is considered spam.
If you get the “We Limit How Often You Do Certain Things” error on Instagram chances are that Instagram has detected a series of certain unusual activities from your account! You are probably worried about why this happens. Sit back we got you!
This article will discuss Instagram’s error message “We limit how often you can do certain things on Instagram.” We will mention why this error may occur, what you can do to prevent this error from happening, and some steps to take if you encounter this error!
What does the “We Limit How Often You Do Certain Things” Error mean?
Instagram wants to prevent spam. If you are doing things in masks like commenting, liking posts, following, or following people in bulk, then Instagram might catch you pretending your account is a bot. To prevent it, they limit per user.
The warning suggests that Instagram has discovered inappropriate and unusual activity on your account. The notification is an alert from Instagram informing you that recent activity on your account has violated the Instagram Community Guidelines. If you keep engaging in the prohibited behavior, Instagram may block your account.
By limiting your activities, Instagram is putting its policies into practice, enhancing both the platform’s legitimacy and user experience. If you believe that you have not engaged in any unusual activity for which you should receive the warning notification, Instagram does provide you the option to report this to them.
What are the first steps you should take?
Here are two of the first things you should be doing in case of “We Limit How Often you do Certain Things” Error:
1. Update Instagram App
First of all, make sure to update the Instagram app to the latest version. If you have not updated already, you could head to your app store in the search box and type in Instagram. If you see an update button, update the app to the latest version.
Once you have updated, open Instagram, and let’s say that whenever you try to like or follow or comment on somebody’s post. Instagram automatically gives you the best message, “will limit how often you can do certain things on Instagram.
2. Report a Problem
To report a problem, you have to tap the profile button from the bottom right, which you see once you tap on the profile icon on the top right-hand side, you have to tap on the three lines icons. As UPI tap on the three lines icon, and you will find another option that says “settings.” So go ahead and tap on the “settings” option,
When you tap on settings, a “help” option will appear halfway down the screen. Next, tap “Report a problem” at the top of the screen. And then tap on “reported a problem” again. After that, go ahead and take a screenshot of the error.
Ask Instagram if you have not completed all these steps and still have been facing the error. On the display’s upper right side, tap the “submit” button.
Hopefully, this would have fixed the issue. Instagram will usually get back to you, but that is the best thing you can do because most likely. It is not your device or the applications for 8 through the Instagram app itself.
It is from the Instagram community and their site itself, so you don’t have to worry about that.
What Activities led to this Error Message?
Based on your everyday activity, Instagram may prevent you from doing specific actions on the platform. These activities might be one of these:
- Uploading too many posts
- Viewing stories excessively
- I like too many random posts
- Using too many hashtags in posts
- Unfollowing too many users at one time
- Following too many users
- Commenting on too many posts
- Commenting the same thing repeatedly
- Messaging too many users
- Sending inappropriate messages
- Sharing forbidden content
- Using inappropriate words excessively
We might do that sometimes subconsciously!
Instagram User Activities Limitations
Instagram has established certain limits to prevent spamming activities across the globe for an ultimate user experience. Some of these limits are mentioned below:
- A follow limit of 150 to 200 per day.
- Following and unfollowing are considered the same.
- There is also a like limit of 100 posts per day.
- Some Instagram accounts might be banned after 800 likes.
- There is also a comment limit of 180 to 200 per day.
There are other limitations as well such as, story limit, DM limit, hashtag limit, caption character limit etc.
What can you do in case of this Error?
Now, if you are experiencing this error, there are limited things that you can do, and they’re not always guaranteed to work faster without trial and error on your part. These include
- Logging off.
- Waiting a few hours.
- Logging back in.
- Sometimes though, for most people waiting for 24 to 48 hours will suffice.
- There have been cases of people waiting an entire week before Instagram removes that error from their accounts.
- Now to log out from your account, go to your profile.
- Hit the “hamburger option.
- Then click the “settings.”
- Scroll down and hit “log out.”
- And if you want to “remember my information,” then go ahead and click “Remember.” So you will be logged off.
Reinstalling the Application
If the problem is not so much you are doing but a glitch in the system on Instagram’s part. Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling can work as well. To do this
- Just go to your “settings.”‘
- Hit apps.
- On that page, you can click “all apps.”
- Then scroll down to find Instagram. When you are there, you can go ahead and hit the “Uninstall.”
- Then click “ok.”
- To reinstall, go back to the Play Store.
- Type in Instagram and hit install.
- You can also clear the cache as well as the data of the app to do this.
- Go to the “settings.”
- Go to “apps” and see all apps, then scroll down until you find Instagram.
- And after that, go to storage and cache.
- Hot clear cache and clear storage.
- Then hit “ok.”
You can also contact Instagram support their support system is the most consistent in response time, so keep that in mind. To do this
- Go to your profile.
- Hit the hamburger option.
- Hit the “settings.”
- Tap “help” and then hit report a problem.
- Here, you can briefly describe what occurred and isn’t working, and Instagram will respond as soon as possible.
We hope this article gives you some insights and knowledge about the limitations of Instagram. And what can you do if Instagram says, “How often can you do certain things on Instagram.” We hope this article is also helpful and if you have any queries or doubts, make sure to leave them down in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does Instagram limit last?
Normally, it can persist for up to 24 hours. It might be given to you if you violate certain Instagram conditions of use. Instagram has a limit of 300 pictures per day for users who are not VIPs. For VIP users, Instagram has a limit of 1,000 pictures per day.
How do you remove limits on Instagram?
Instagram is a great way to share photos and videos with friends and followers, but it can also be restrictive, limiting how often you can post and how large your posts can be. Here are a few ways to remove Instagram’s limits:
- Change the WIFI’s IP address.
- Stop all activity in our app and other applications, services, and bots.
- Customize your account’s bio and connect it to other social media.
- Kindly be patient and halt any Instagram activity for 24–48 hours.
- Inform Instagram of an issue.
Use a free account: If you don’t want to pay for Instagram, you can create a free account. This way, you can post more often and use larger photos.
Use an Instagram app: If you want to post large photos or videos, you can use an app like Instagram for iPhone or Android. These apps have more freedom to post than the standard Instagram app.
Why is Instagram saying to try again later we limit how often.
The first possibility for why you’re getting the “We limit how often” and “Try again later” notifications is that you’re using Instagram add-on apps from third parties in violation of the end-user contract. As a result, your profile can be blocked, but these restrictions typically only continue for 24 to 48 hours (about 2 days).
Instagram recently updated its policy and now says that users can only upload once every 24 hours. This change was made to limit the app’s spam and clutter. However, many people are not happy with this change.
They feel it is unfair and difficult to keep up with their accounts. Because of this change, some people have even started using other apps to post photos. You must try again soon if you want to post photographs and maintain an active account.
Why does my Instagram keep saying we limit how often?
To safeguard its society from profiles that could endanger its ecosystem, Instagram maintains certain restrictions. The notification that reads, “We Limit How Often You Can Do Certain Things on Instagram,” can therefore be seen as a notice or “pre-ban.”