Are you looking for answers to why you can’t share other people’s posts to your story on Instagram? Are you looking for the best possible solutions to the problems that you might be facing regarding Instagram story sharing? Are you trying to find out what problems can cause you to not share other people’s posts on your story?
Do you want a thorough step-by-step guide to solving any problem that you might be facing regarding Instagram story sharing? Has the “Share post to the story” feature disappeared for the post that you want to share? Or are you looking for the correct and thorough discussion on the topic of problems that can occur when you’re sharing other people’s posts on your story?
Instagram is one of the world’s most used social media platforms to ever exist, and this is only helping Instagram to reach out to more people, it is one of the world’s most popular platforms and it comes with a lot of different features that make Instagram unique to its use and which helps in keeping its users connected.
You can find people of all interests on Instagram and this is what makes it so interesting to so many users of Instagram as they find their interests on the platform and meet with other people who share their interests.
Instagram is an application with many interesting features, and all of them share the same purpose of helping their users connect more to each other, you can do so much through Instagram including, reuploading the posts that other people have already shared with you if you think that the post will be of interest to the people that follow you.
What Is The Difference Between Posts And Stories On Instagram:
The main feed that includes different posts that are videos, advertisements, and images are the Instagram posts, unlike the stories, posts are permanent and can be seen whenever you want to see them on the profile of the person who uploaded them, and users also have the option of adding subtitles underneath the posts that they upload.
Instagram stories are considered to be more entertaining and users have to upload the stories keeping in mind that they will be deleted automatically after a day or 24 hours, on the other hand, you can also choose the best of your stories to appear on the top of the page of your profile and they are known as the highlights of your Instagram profile and they stay there until you change or delete them.
When you see someone’s Instagram story they get notified that you saw their story, and many people don’t like to be seen when they’re watching someone’s story, therefore many different software and applications were made just to serve this purpose, and they worked as well, as many people used such applications and software for watching the stories of people who they don’t want to be showed to.
Intagram has the option of “Add posts to story”. This appears when you’re sharing the post, and as the name suggests, you can upload the post to the story of your own account, by using this feature.
Benefits of sharing posts to stories:
Sharing posts to stories has many benefits:
You can do so much by simply sharing the post that you like using your Instagram story through this feature,
- This helps you increase the visiblitly of your account through the post.
- You can increase engagement to your account through the post.
- You can share this content and tag other people while you do it so it builds up your account more.
- Sharing the post to your story can increase the odds of more of your followers seeing the post through the story.
- When you share the post through your story, people who don’t follow you can also see your story, which means that Instagram stories are discoverable and you can use this to your own benefit doing so.
Why can’t I share A Post to My Instagram Story:
Instagram is a widely used platform that has different features that allow people to engage with what you post, or you can engage with what other people post, which is exactly what the Instagram story feature does, however, this feature might not work “correctly” for the beginners who are just joining the hype of influencing or posting stories. So, if you have run into issues regarding your stories, you are not alone, and there are several different problems you can be facing, which are caused by several different reasons, so without further ado, let’s get started,
You cannot share a post on your story if the person who posted the post has a private account, Instagram will hide the button of “add post to story” as this feature is only made available for people who have a public account, so if the share button is not there, this means that you cannot use the post in your story because of the person’s account type.
You can also check if the person’s account is public by searching for the account in incognito mode and if the account is public then you will see all the posts otherwise you will be notified there that the person’s account is private.
Another reason that you’re not able to share the post on your story can be that the person who posted the post has disabled the sharing of their post, Instagram users are given the feature of disabling the sharing of their posts by their followers, so if a person disables sharing through settings, you cannot further share their post even if they have a public account. You can also disable the sharing through the following steps:
- Tap on your profile icon.
- Then tap on the three lines in the top right which will open a menu.
- Select and choose settings.
- Select Privacy then Story.
- Toggle the allow sharing to story button to disable it. That’s it, you’re done.
This problem can also arise if your Instagram application is not updated, your account may not show the add posts to story option, and sometimes some people have faced this problem because Instagram itself facing some problems on its end.
Instagram also provides different features to different locations, this means that some features will be available to your region while some of them will not be, which can essentially delete the feature of sharing other people’s posts to your story.
There haven’t been many of these instances where you can’t post other content on your story because of Instagram itself but people have previously reported such problems.
How To Fix The Problems:
Here are some common fixes to the problems people mostly face when they report the issue,
Reset Resharing Toggle:
Resetting the Allow Resharing to Storie’s toggle might do the trick. To do this, you first must disable the toggle.
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your profile icon.
- Touch the three lines menus in the top right corner.
- Go to Settings > Privacy.
- Select and choose Story and then toggle the Allow Sharing to Story to disable it.
- And once you have done this, restart your device and follow the above steps to enable it again. And that’s it, you’re
Uninstalling Instagram and then reinstalling it again can also fix your problem when you’re trying to share posts on the platform. And if you’re worried about losing your followers, you should relax because Instagram doesn’t work like that. The moment that you login into your profile again, you will see the exact same interface that you saw when you uninstalled it.
Many times, clearing the cache has resolved this problem, this can clear out any bugs and glitches that can keep you from sharing other people’s posts on your Instagram stories, this is a fix that can work for android users only,
- Open settings and then open the app’s settings or apps and notifications.
- Select Instagram.
- Then select storage or storage and cache, and then tap the button that says clear cache.
- Long press and hold Instagram.
- Select app info.
- Select storage or storage and cache.
- Then tap on clear cache.
Use A Different Phone:
Using a different phone has also provided many users with the solution that they needed, using a different phone to reshare the post that you want to, often solves this problem of “add post to the story”.
And some users have also seen the feature return after they log into their accounts using another device.
Make Account Public:
If you have set your account to private, your friends and followers will not be able to repost the posts that you upload, and you can make your account public by following the steps given below:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on your profile.
- Tap on the three lines menu in the top right.
- Go to settings > privacy.
- In account privacy, toggle the Private account option to the off position.
- And then finally confirm your decision by tapping on the switch to public.
Your account will hopefully now have the option of “Add post to story” restored.
Report The Problem:
You can also report the problem that you’re facing directly to Instagram, and if all fails then this might be your only choice, and you can do so by following the steps given below:
- open your Instagram app and tap on your profile.
- Go to settings and then go to Help.
- Then select the first option which will be, Report a problem.
- Type in the issue and take a screenshot of the problem if you can.
- Then tap on submit, in the top right.
You should always know that there is another option that you can use to post other posts on your story, this method includes a simple process as all you need to do is take a screenshot of the post if it’s an image and then upload it to your story, you can also do the same for your videos by screen recording them, this is a time-consuming method, but if you don’t have the option directly from Instagram you can use this method instead.
Download The Posts:
There are many different Instagram post downloaders that will help you in downloading the post that you want to post so you can upload it afterward, and you can do so by following the steps given below:
- Find the post that you want to share and click on the three dots given on the top right of each post.
- Then select the copy link option, this will copy the link to that post, which you can use further to download the post.
- Open the Instagram post downloader of your choice and paste the link where it tells you to, then download the post.
- Once its downloaded, open Instagram and upload the story and choose the post that you just downloaded to re-upload it into your story.
However, keep in mind that this method does not allow you to download posts from private accounts and public accounts only, and this is because private accounts have been set private as they want more privacy regarding their profile than public accounts.
We have discussed all the problems that you can face while sharing posts to your Instagram stories, and we have also seen a factor considering the advantages that sharing other posts to your story can bring to your account, hopefully, this information has helped you and you don’t have any problems while sharing other peoples posts to your own account’s story.
We hope that now you can use the feature of sharing posts to your story without any problem and you can take complete advantage of this feature, which also includes gaining more followers and increasing the engagement to your account.