Are you a business owner? Do you have a number of employees working under you? Or are you a manager by profession? Do you think monitoring your employees is important for your business growth? Do you need help with it?
If yes, then you clicked on the right page. When you are at the top of a team and are monitoring every move of your employees, it becomes really difficult to keep an eye on every single one of them. You may miss some important points. You never know if your employees are actually working on the projects they are assigned to or not.
The uncertainty can be quite irritating for a person who needs to monitor everything. This work becomes more complex when the team grows to be a lot bigger than when it started. It also becomes difficult to monitor the employees when most of them are working remotely. When one or two people are working to keep track of the number of employees, users, and data, it gets way more complicated.
This is why most of the big companies and their employees are trying to shift to some automatic solutions to get this work done. This whole article will discuss the above-mentioned issue, further, we will try to provide the best solution we could come up with.
When monitoring your employees gets overwhelming or humanly impossible, this is where the User Activity Monitoring Software comes in. This article will tell you all the ways this software works in, with information regarding why and when you should be using them.
This software comes with multiple tools and features that are made to make your work much easier. We also have our recommendation for you of the best User Activity Monitoring Software of the year 2023.
What Is A User Activity Monitoring Software?
The very first question that arises in a reader’s mind is what actually is User Activity Monitoring Software? As the name suggests, this software is used to monitor the activity of the users or employees. They note the activity of users on certain applications or the activity of visitors on a certain website.
These software focus mainly on the productivity of the employees and the security of the users. There are some software that focus on either one of them and then there are those that focus on both of the mentioned features. They will track the activity on the company-owned IT resources, networks, and devices.
How Does These Software Work?
These software work by recording the digital behavior of the company employees by using some of their major features. They track user activity in a number of ways.
- Application usage
- Productivity rating
- Website visit tracking
- Screen video recording
- File capturing
- Log collection and then its analysis
- Checking attendance records
- Tracking employee behavior
- Text entered
- Text edited
- Windows opening
- Checkboxes clicking
- URLs visiting
Role Of These Software
These software are basically made to monitor the activity of the employees on the company’s computers. They ensure that the data is fully protected. They also make sure that all the employees are working in a great way and are serious about the projects that are assigned to them.
They also help in making sure that the employees are not taking any steps that might go against the company’s growth or put the company at any kind of risk.
A good monitoring software will make a video playback of the activity of all of its users. Then it will translate this playback into reports, further, these reports will be shown to the monitoring personnel. These reports are also kept as records so that they can be easily searched for if any issue occurs.
When the monitoring personnel receives the reports, he or she can then analyze the reports and look for any user’s activity that is against the company’s policies or against the role that the user was assigned. It can track any move that the user has done that can be a risk to the company. The move can be as small as scrolling social media to as big as stealing sensitive information from the company.
UAM and other software
If you are an experienced monitoring personnel or owner of a company, you might know that there are a number of other software available on the internet that can also be used to monitor employees. These include time-tracking software or employee monitoring software.
But when will you know that you require the assistance of User Activity Monitoring Software? User Activity Monitoring Software differs from other software in a way that it provides in-depth information on the behavior of the users. You can easily monitor and keep an eye on their every move so that your company doesn’t get harmed even by a slight mistake of an Individual employee. It focuses on the behavioral analysis of the employees giving information about how they are spending their work time on the computers.
Benefits of User Activity Monitoring Software
Some of the benefits of using User Activity Monitoring Software are:
- They help in enhancing the security of the company’s data.
- They help in finding and filtering out actionable data or moves by its users.
- They help in the detection of suspicious activity by its users.
- They help in saving the data and keeping it confidential.
- They help in minimizing the user’s complacency.
- They help in improving employee productivity.
- They help in providing evidence (if any) assuming that things get serious.
- They help in saving time.
User Activity Monitoring Software Best Practices:
While using this software, you might know how to get through the overwhelming amount of data that you receive and how to keep a check in the most efficient way. Some of the ways you can do it are:
- Be very open about monitoring your users. The employees should know and should agree to their actions being recorded.
- Privileged access i.e. access to sensitive information should be provided to very few, trusted people. And they should be monitored first and more carefully.
- The accounts that are privileged should receive strong authentication procedures to log in just to be safe.
- Keep the evidence of all the moves that are being taken by the employees saved.
- Make and implement policies.
- Have a good and quick response plan to any wrong or suspicious activity.
- Review the data that is gathered.
Best User Activity Monitoring Software in 2023 (in our opinion):
The best User Activity Monitoring Software we came across for the year 2023 Is ‘KICKIDLER’.
The best User Activity Monitoring Software we came across for the year 2023 Is ‘KICKIDLER’.
KICKIDLER is a User Activity Monitoring Software that provides an extensive set of features that are even customizable. The platform provides very detailed information about your employees’ activities. It provides reports of how the employee is working, what is he or she working on, how he or she distributes and manages the time, etc.
This helps you (the monitor) to measure their productivity as well as measure the amount of work they are doing. The platform has vast and detailed features making it easy for the trainers or top personnel to do the work efficiently and to keep the company on track for more success.
- The user interface is impressive and easy to learn.
- The reporting options on the interface are detailed and customizable.
- It has a very easy installation process.
- It offers stealth mode.
- Is best for all types of users including freelancers, small businesses, medium businesses, and large companies.
- The support options are good and include options like chat, email, phone support, knowledge base, FAQs, etc.
- It provides a number of training options too. These include training in person, through documentation, videos, and live online.
- There is a free version available.
Some minor inconveniences that you may or may not face while using the software are:
- It does not have a cloud version.
- The free version does not have an extensive line of features and you may end up investing in the platform in one go.
- It might have a learning curve if you have no technical background.
The platform is feature packed and we might not be able to enlist all the features but some of them are:
- Reporting and statistics
- Real-time reporting
- Activity tracking
- Activity management
- Alerts and notifications
- Attendance tracking of the employee
- Good customer support
- Email Alerts
- Offline Access
- Productivity Analysis
- Remote Monitoring and Management
- Risk Alerts
- Screen Activity Recording
- Summary Reports
- Time Tracking
- Idle Time Monitoring
- Keystroke Recording
- Historical Reporting
- Browsing History
- Behavior Tracking
The platform has a freemium account that has some limited functions available.
The pricing of the paid account depends on the time for which you are willing to pay. It starts from about $9.99 per month. For a whole year, it is reduced to $5.5, and then for 3 years, it is reduced to $3.67.
The price of the offline version is given on demand and you may also get 30% off if the number of employees you are going to monitor is enough.
Being a part of this era, where everything has been shifted to the internet, we might need some assistance with the overwhelming amount of work we get to do. When you own a business, keeping a track of employees’ activity is an important step toward growth. To serve this purpose, we have User Activity Monitoring Software (UAM).
These are some feature-rich software that solely focuses on the monitoring of employee activity. As a lot of software under this category are available, we have mentioned the one that we recommend to you for your business in the year 2023. We hope you will enjoy working with it and will get the results you need to grow your business.